sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

1. Long Shot

2. End Game

3. Parabellum

4. Alita

5. Hotel Mumbai

6. Happy Death Day 2 U

7. Fighting With my Family

8. Escape Room

9. Cold Pursuit

10. Gloria Bell

100. Us

101. The Hustle

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The year isn't even half over, it's not like I'm definitively saying that no movie will come along and dethrone it.  And sorry for wanting to talk about a movie positively without having someone reply to me condescendingly that my opinion makes them throw up in their mouth, guess that just makes me the bad guy here

You're allowed to have your opinion as long as you understand that those who have a differing opinion are going to tell you that your opinion sucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

49 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I gotta say it's kind of impressive that Long Shot managed to drop only 45% while losing 1/3 of its theatres. WOM is clearly great

Lionsgate screwed up releasing it the week after Avengers. I think it would have fared better in August or even mid May where John Wick was.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Do you really have to respond though? I think Us is ok nothing special but if TOG wants to think it's the best movie of all time that's his choice. I get we're a movie forum and all but I think this place'd be a lot more relaxed if we let people be, especially over positive opinions.

oh my God some of you guys are such crybabies. Boo fucking who, someone told me that they didn't like a movie that I like. Cry me a fucking River. 

What are you? 7 years old?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 5

1: Endgame

2: John Wick 3

3: Shazam

4: Lego 2

5: Detective Pikachu

6: Captain Marvel

7: Dumbo

8: Captive State

120: Hellboy

500: Getting hit by a truck

1000: Beauty and the Beast 2017

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

oh my God some of you guys are such crybabies. Boo fucking who, someone told me that they didn't like a movie that I like. Cry me a fucking River. 

Real mature for a 50+ year old mod.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Batman versus Superman came out several years ago and yet people still rag on that movie. I don't see any of you making a big stink about that....no one bats an eyelash....but some posters don't like a movie that the majority of this site seems to like and some of you lose your minds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Wow this thread unexpectedly delivers the goods.

I have to get back to work now so back to the regularly scheduled boring thread LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, baumer said:

Batman versus Superman came out several years ago and yet people still rag on that movie. I don't see any of you making a big stink about that....no one bats an eyelash....but some posters don't like a movie that the majority of this site seems to like and some of you lose your minds.

>Implying I think that’s good 

I like how it's supposed to be treated as a given that expressing any positivity towards any movie is going to be met with someone telling you your opinion sucks no matter what.  Or maybe...people can disagree/discuss said opinion with you without saying your opinion is bad?  Maybe we shouldn't have a mod outright enabling toxic discussion?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

You're allowed to have your opinion as long as you understand that those who have a differing opinion are going to tell you that your opinion sucks.

There is opinion and than there is taste.

I think John Wick 3 will make 4.5 times it OW at the box office is an opinion that suck.

Liked or not the movie is more a taste than an opinion.

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

Disagree to the strongest.

You can say in lots of ways you disagree without going that route

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Even worse

Bullying-ish at best

People call you out for not needed style and you are reacting in that way, implying them are reacting that way.

The only one reacting rather strongly (and in my POV way over the top / annoying,...) seems - in this case - being you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This thread is hitting about the time I normally send my youngest daughter and youngest son to do two separate mom tasks b/c I can tell boredom is making them cranky (and they are the 2 siblings who snip the most at each other:)...and the best relief to boredom is work!

Well, okay, no it's not, the best relief is watching movies, which I'm about to do right now b/c I have NINETY minutes of free time to myself with no spouse and kids...man, I LOVE swim lessons this time of year:)...but, you go with what you have...

• Like 4