sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

attack of the clones has the single greatest stand up and cheer moments I've ever witnessed at a movie theater. When Yoda first draws his lightsaber against count Dooku I thought my head was going to explode. The theater literally erupted in a cacophony of screams and hollers kind of like you are at a Nascar event with a bunch of drunken rednecks.

I love every Star Wars movie with the exception of The Last Jedi. And I'm not talking about solo and rogue one. I'm just talking about the main saga.

Love AOTC and the other prequels are my favorite trilogy of all time. They're more personal and interesting than any blockbusters I've ever seen. That scene, the beautiful shots of Anakin on his speeder, the clone army arrival...I never get tired of watching AOTC.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Love AOTC and the other prequels are my favorite trilogy of all time. They're more personal and interesting than any blockbusters I've ever seen. That scene, the beautiful shots of Anakin on his speeder, the clone army arrival...I never get tired of watching AOTC.

back when Star Wars had heart

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Avatree said:

maximum avery and @Clubs Are Trash need to merge their brains and share their collective wisdom with us mere mortals.

That is what my now 19y/o supermodel law student gf said when we met(except the other guy part hehe), but i explained to her i bleed too... my IQ is only around 130, while actually my proud "dumb" younger brother's is 173 and has been member of MENSA since he wad 16... i am nothing special except i let go of ego when neccessary:) ... i know you are trying to provoke but socrates used "playing dumb" to measure people, so lets just forget i said this huh?^^ TTVOMJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Revenge Of The Sith is better in almost every way than Attack Of The Clones and The Phantom Menace. I wouldn't call it "good", per say, but it comes a lot closer to it than the other prequels. Much better effects, more tolerable screenplay, intense atmosphere and some very memorable moments, like Order 66 and the birth of Vader.... dialogue aside. Although, yeah, it does still have some turrible lines, memetastic moments (Younglingcide, "you're breaking my heart", "I HATE YOU", "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO", and so on) and insanely rushed character development. Still, it is the best of the prequels by a large margin.

Phantom Menace has Duel Of The Fates (3rd best Star Wars track ever, behind only the main theme + the Imperial March) - and I guess a generally good John Williams score, which is actually the one constant of positivity in the prequels, but TPM does boast the best score out of the three - as well as the Maul fight sequence to its advantage. And I guess the movie is ambitious in its attempt to deal with plenty of sociopolitical themes, and all. The rest is not so good. Pod racing sequence is kinda overrated..... it's just the same two camera angles over and over and over again. Poorly shot and monotonous after a while. And the effects/green screen, the dialogue, the overabundance of subplots, the acting, the Jar-Jar......... yeah.

Attack Of The Clones, apart from Williams' score and maybe a few cool moments (Boba Fett's origin moment, Yoda bearing the lightsaber..... before he bumps around like a Looney Tunes character), is terrible across the board. It looks more fake than the Cartoon Network Clone Wars show, it has the worst dialogue, plot and maybe acting of the three movies, it's boring as fuck whenever it's not hitting me with legendary hilariawful shittakings like "I hate sand" or "I killed them all", and it's incredibly unspectacular and unmemorable at everything else it tries to do. It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks bad and I honestly cannot understand those who actually like it more than The Last Jedi. But to each their own.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 3

*makes ONE post about saying how great it was that people can finally proclaim their love for The Phantom Menace without giving a flying fig that others hate it*

*pages of Prequel 'discussion' follows*

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

16 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

That is what my now 19y/o supermodel law student gf said when we met(except the other guy part hehe), but i explained to her i bleed too... my IQ is only around 130, while actually my proud "dumb" younger brother's is 173 and has been member of MENSA since he wad 16... i am nothing special except i let go of ego when neccessary:) ... i know you are trying to provoke but socrates used "playing dumb" to measure people, so lets just forget i said this huh?^^ TTVOMJ

19 year old supermodel girlfriend? you an @ACSlater double account?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*makes ONE post about saying how great it was that people can finally proclaim their love for The Phantom Menace without giving a flying fig that others hate it*

*pages of Prequel 'discussion' follows*

raw

• Like 1

Since we're talking about guilty pleasures, I would like to point out that I unapologetically enjoy Bee Movie. It's one of the stupidest and most "WTF were you guys thinking when writing this script" movies ever made, and yet I can watch it and enjoy it at literally any given second. That movie is so much fun, both intentionally and ironically. Maybe it's because I love the visual of CGI honey so much. Makes me wanna go out and eat honey..... even though I don't really like honey that much tbh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Im a sucker for all vampire/alien/witch/werewolf films even if they suck.

I somewhat enjoyed pretty much all of them. twlight all 4, vampires. I mean I watched vampire diaries, originals, Roswell, all of that stuff. Judge away I deserve it :D

• Like 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

Im a sucker for all vampire/alien/witch/werewolf films even if they suck.

I somewhat enjoyed pretty much all of them. twlight all 4, vampires. I mean I watched vampire diaries, originals, Roswell, all of that stuff. Judge away I deserve it :D

Nah you like what you like