sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Im a sucker for all vampire/alien/witch/werewolf films even if they suck.

I somewhat enjoyed pretty much all of them. twlight all 4, vampires. I mean I watched vampire diaries, originals, Roswell, all of that stuff. Judge away I deserve it :D

Have you seen The VVitch 2015? Saw it a few days ago. I really liked it. the director just had The Lighthouse premiere at Cannes to raving reviews.

• Astonished 1

So Van Helsing is always a movie i been wanting to try, but it always is pushed back for whatever reason. And whatever that Valerian shit is. All that i know is that i like the Fifth Element and it and Valerian share directors.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

3 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

So Van Helsing is always a movie i been wanting to try, but it always is pushed back for whatever reason. And whatever that Valerian shit is. All that i know is that i like the Fifth Element and it and Valerian share directors.

Valerian is a horrible movie. My personal worst film of 2017 (aka I imagine there were worse but not that I saw). I mean see it and judge for yourself but if you want recommendations mine is: skip it.

• Knock It Off 1

37 minutes ago, Avatree said:

19 year old supermodel girlfriend? you an @ACSlater double account?

Yup.. she laughs when i call her supermodel cause she thinks its quaint...would you like to talk to her? Link to her Ig? ^^ lets see how you recoil now...spreading your thin argument over another irrelevant digression doesnt make you stand out where you actualy would like to.. its only working when surrounded by audience which didnt let go of ego and wants to defend its worth by any means necessary... like being a cynic, quasi brodude humor or jumping from one irrelevant point to another grasping for straws... while all i said was that i cant hate movies and suggest everyone the same... hate is a strong BAD thing..nothing wrong with trying to get rid of it dont you think? ^^ edit: supermodel/law school student! Dont forget TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

Have you seen The VVitch 2015? Saw it a few days ago. I really liked it. the director just had The Lighthouse premiere at Cannes to raving reviews.

I'm not @cdsacken, but I LOVED IT.

Horror is my favorite genre, because there's no in-between. Either the movie (or show nowadays) is awful, or it's absolutely incredible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

What is it you think I won’t  like about it? Danny Boyle is my guy.

it really just seems like a movie you won't like haha. It's very very thin and light to the point where I can definitely see you disliking it

Boyle's direction and the leads' charisma are the best part of it, but i've honestly forgot most of it (and Brittany) the next day lol

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

Nope on Netflix watching it now

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Yup.. she laughs when i call her supermodel cause she thinks its quaint...would you like to talk to her? Link to her Ig? ^^ lets see how you recoil now...spreading your thin argument over another irrelevant digression doesnt make you stand out where you actualy would like to.. its only working when surrounded by auidience which didnt let go of ego and wants to defend its worth by any means necessary... like being a cynic, quasi brodude humor or jumping from one irrelevant point to another grasping for straws... while all i said was that i cant hate movies and suggest everyone the same... hate is a strong BAD thing..nothing wrong with trying to get rid of it dont you think? ^^ edit: supermodel/law school student! Dont forget TTVOMJ

Weird flex about your supposed supermodel gf man.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, baumer said:

oh my God some of you guys are such crybabies. Boo fucking who, someone told me that they didn't like a movie that I like. Cry me a fucking River. 

What are you? 7 years old?

Yeah I’m thinkin’ this is based

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Frankly, many especially fanboys dismiss Twilight just because it is young-adult romance chick flick, which so happen many movie-buff are male or simply fanboys, which more often than not disregard romance genre simply because it is not cool to like them. 

Nope that’s not it. Can someone honestly tell me that these films don’t have some of the worst acting ever in big blockbusters ? Not many people hate kind of similar stuff like hunger games or even true blood for example. The objective truth is that the twilight films are horrible in every sense, hilarious acting, funny effects, embarrassing moments . At least other horrible films have spectacle to offer , these films don’t. Now one can like these horrible films, I like my fair share of objectively awful films (though most don’t have 1% of twilight’s budget) but don’t present reasons such as “these are chick flicks, fanboys e.t.c” to explain why many people don’t like them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Weird flex about your supposed supermodel gf man.

Did you read his "worthy" jab to which i replied before? :)she doesnt mind me flaunting her...she loves me and whatever i like and trusts me and is a weirdo, so when she wakes up tomorrow and gets back from uni i will gladly tell her to spare that guy of indignity of incorrect prejudice in the future.. its a hassle, but could be fun..a live broadcast!!^^ whatever it takes!xD TTVOMJ

Whenever @Maximum Avery starts going on about supermodel girlfriend it reminds me of Anthony Michael Hall in The breakfast Club when he keeps telling everyone that he has a girlfriend in Niagara falls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Maximum Avery said:

I am a p***y... long time ago i was a man...an alpha as people like to say it... then harry potter happened and made more money than fotr... i "censored" that movie and did not understand why it made more money than peter jackson's surprising epic(few years before i ridiculed a friend who used gandalf and mithrandir while talking about _computors_*yuck*)... a film magazine showed a picture of a bearded man on slopes of a snowy mountain... while picture next to it was a blonde savage man lustfuly holding a perfect piece of jewelry..i was hooked and i felt a storm coming... sheer magnitude of it never again replicated(not even with TT and ROtK)... cate's voice at the beginning, a woman(!!?):o...no less... breaking possibilities of established... next year chicago beat the two towers at the oscars(not that it had a chance, but it irked me so i "censored" it as well)... sorry for the delay, but here is where i finaly come to my point... one clumsy evening i ended up watching harry potter and the chamber of secrets(this one wasn't banned since it made less than the two towers)... and ended up loving it... i immediately watched sorcerers stone and chicago.. fell in love with both and swore i will never judge a movie before or based on any prejudice... it transcended movies and now i dont judge anything before mixing as much variables, knowledge and compassion even tho i can see some red flags and am not blind to distractions... why did i say i am a p***y? Because now i cant hate a movie hahaha... i mean i have personal disappointments based on my prerelease expectations(matrixes, potc sequels, prometheus, man of steel, pacific rim, interstellar etc...) , but in a discourse where i cannot explain every aspect of my opinion because the window doesnt allow it(public chat is a merciless place to get your whole point across), i will rather keep my mouth shut and not inspire anything that someone might missinterpret and finalize... i think i am OCD when it comes to my own rep and truth... if we were in a room with alcohol and nice lounge atmosphere i would GLADLY destroy/dissect EVERYTHING even with people like ironjimbo because they would see those true alphas NEVER do wrong... and erosion of negativity is so powerful change is imminent:) so i give advice everyone here: try to talk about data and better things than what you hate.. try talking about the things you like and and the ones you love(things you dislike will surface anyway, but hopefuly in a manner in which good things have already been weighed and made the subject easier to crunch)... THEN the critical mass of positive attitudes raises the whole level of discourse to another plane even subconciously... serotonine/dopamine etc... have a nice evening data lovers!:) TTVOMJ

At last I truly see...

source.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Since we're talking about guilty pleasures, I would like to point out that I unapologetically enjoy Bee Movie. It's one of the stupidest and most "WTF were you guys thinking when writing this script" movies ever made, and yet I can watch it and enjoy it at literally any given second. That movie is so much fun, both intentionally and ironically. Maybe it's because I love the visual of CGI honey so much. Makes me wanna go out and eat honey..... even though I don't really like honey that much tbh.

You know, I remember watching this in theater, thinking "wow, this is an awesome movie, worthy of my rarely given A grades" and then the ending happened:).  If I could have cut off the last 15 minutes and rewrote that ending, I think it could have been a top 5 animated of all time for me.  As it was, I think I gave it a B+/B, even back then...although I admit I haven't seen it since that theatrical viewing, so who knows...maybe the ending would grow on me if I watched it now:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits