sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

Just now, kitik said:

Ha ha, banned for posting Dogs Journey spoilers!

Who wants to post Booksmart spoilers next week?

Booksmart actually looks fantastic and I’d be pissed as hell if someone posts spoilers for it. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Deja23 said:

Was that link a spoiler?

It was an article that described every death that happened in the movie.  Everyone knows that the dog dies over and over in the movie, that bit is obvious.  Going into details is considered spoilers.

Just now, Krissykins said:

You’re on a really crappy run of predictions this year lol. 

Didn't you overestimate Us by $30m and Pikachu by like $100m? 

Time for some common sense ;) 

Here's a hint: I don't care about getting predictions right and I'm just here to root for movies I like now

• Like 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

It was an article that described every death that happened in the movie.  Everyone knows that the dog dies over and over in the movie, that bit is obvious.  Going into details is considered spoilers.

Right. I guess the specific wording in the link posted didn’t reveal anything, but it was clearly a review so it’s up to those who want to be spoiled to click on the link. It doesn’t really matter either way. I just thought bans were for posting direct/specific spoilers in the thread, not for posting review links that would obviously reveal spoilers. Now I know better and hopefully won’t make that mistake in the future. 

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Here's a hint: I don't care about getting predictions right and I'm just here to root for movies I like now

That’s the approach that should be taken for sure 

be invested in things you like. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kitik said:

Ha ha, banned for posting Dogs Journey spoilers!

Who wants to post Booksmart spoilers next week?

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Booksmart actually looks fantastic and I’d be pissed as hell if someone posts spoilers for it. 

I’ve already seen Booksmart, so I can spoil it right here right now :redcapes: 

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 2
  • Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

So not predictions just what you hope it does. I get that. That's like me and Aladdin with 700 WW. What I expect is sub 500.

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Parabellum is the best movie of the year, the best action movie since Fury Road, and one of the best movies this decade. It’s really great, as are these numbers!

It was great, I love how they basically created a genre in arthouse action. That said, best movie of the year? And even more to the point, one of the best films of the decade? Everyone is entitled to their opinions but thats a little too over the top and jeez does that do a disservice to some really great films. The John Wick films are top of the line action films to be sure, but if how well choreographed a film's action scenes are determines its quality then yea, cinema really is dead and we killed it

• Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

For someone, who didn't like John Wick. Are sequel and third one any better?

They’re better but I feel like if you didn’t like the first you won’t like the sequels.

2 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

It was great, I love how they basically created a genre in arthouse action. That said, best movie of the year? And even more to the point, one of the best films of the decade? Everyone is entitled to their opinions but thats a little too over the top and jeez does that do a disservice to some really great films. The John Wick films are top of the line action films to be sure, but if how well choreographed a film's action scenes are determines its quality then yea, cinema really is dead and we killed it

K.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I did get passes for Monday.  Maybe.

It’s enjoyable!

3 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

JW3 is the best movie of all time and it's obvious that you think so too