antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 4 | March 24, 2023 | RIP Lance Reddick

After I finish my random Spielberg binge. I'm immediately going to watch the John Wick series.

You guys' enthusiasm has gotten me curious. I'm looking forward to the fourth... and haven't seen any of the others. 🤨

looks like Akira will be going up against this, which is a (potentially R-rated)  cyberpunk sci-fi action movie based on a popular cult classic anime movie from the 80s from Taika Waititi. still shouldn't be too big of a problem for JW4 and it can still easily win the weekend. 

though I doubt both of them will stay in that slot.

Will film back to back with John Wick 5. Lionsgate can't let a good thing be, they want to wring as much as possible from this series, even at the expense of the series itself

https://deadline.com/2020/08/john-wick-5-confirmed-by-lionsgate-sequel-will-be-shot-back-to-back-with-fourth-installment-1203006611/

On today’s Lionsgate earnings call, the studio’s CEO John Feltheimer said, “We’re also busy preparing scripts for the next two installments of our John Wick action franchise, with John Wick 4 slated to hit theatres Memorial Day weekend 2022.  We hope to shoot both John Wick 4 & back to back when Keanu becomes available early next year.”

The sequel, John Wick 4, is currently scheduled for May 27, Memorial Day weekend