antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 4 | March 24, 2023 | RIP Lance Reddick

2 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Wish he'd be in the movies instead, not sure I care enough about the Wick universe to watch a spin off show.

Maybe he'll make an appearance in the movies but his presence is only officially announced for the show. Kind of like how Kang was confirmed for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania then we saw him in Loki.

Looking at twitter and wow, why now?  Why are people melting down as if Mel Gibson getting work is something new?  I thought Gibson had a sort of Hollywood renaissance back in 2016 with Hacksaw Ridge(which was even nominated for a bunch Oscars) and Blood Father?  Either way, being or staying mad about Mel Gebson just feels really old hat now unless hes said or done some crazy new shit I'm unaware of.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Hollywood renaissance back in 2016 with Hacksaw Ridge(which was even nominated for a bunch Oscars) and Blood Father? 

Those were a bit outside Hollywood, it was quite the australian-world affair even if by now it has been long enough for Liongates to stop being Canadian and fully Hollywood I imagine

Hacksaw Ridge:

Production
companies

Blood father was fully out of Hollywood affair, it is a French movie opening at Cane and everything.

One could suspect a lot of the people doing noise did not know or care for thoses movies but care for a big franchise entry, it does feel really old not only time wise (RDJ public pardon campaign for Gibson is over 10 year's old now) but also by the long list of action from other since and how extremely good is work has been since.

Edit you can add a lot of other recent stuff, Daddy Home, Fatman, Professor and the Madman, Dragged Across Concrete, ect....

Edited by Barnack

On 10/18/2021 at 3:33 PM, TheDude391 said:

Wish he'd be in the movies instead, not sure I care enough about the Wick universe to watch a spin off show.

It's apparently only three episodes so far.  And it's set in the 1970s... so he wouldn't be appearing in the movies...unless they do a feature spin-off of the prequel TV event series!  🤯

Edited by Macleod

Seeing people here championing an abusive, anti-Semitic fuckwad getting work, to the point they're mocking folks who have a soul and don't want an abusive, anti-Semitic fuckwad getting work is honest to God one of the most depressing things I've seen in this forum in a long, long time.

30 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Seeing people here championing an abusive, anti-Semitic fuckwad getting work, to the point they're mocking folks who have a soul and don't want an abusive, anti-Semitic fuckwad getting work is honest to God one of the most depressing things I've seen in this forum in a long, long time.

I just don't believe everything I read. 

Not only that, but there are equally as many fuckwads across the political spectrum. We should stop cancelling people and just let the market do the talking.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Val357 said:

I just don't believe everything I read. 

Not only that, but there are equally as many fuckwads across the political spectrum. We should stop cancelling people and just let the market do the talking.

I like the guy as an actor/director quite a bit but he's a pretty well documented shithead for the bad stuff he's done/said in the past.  I'm generally a separate the art from the artist kinda guy but I do understand that some people can't, and that's totally fine.

Also cancelling isn't even really a thing, we DO let the market do the talking, Hollywood above all only cares about money. If cancelling was legit then Mark Whalberg (who actually committed hate crimes) wouldn't still be a big star, Gibson wouldn't be getting this show, etc.

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheDude391 said:

I like the guy as an actor/director quite a bit but he's a pretty well documented shithead for the bad stuff he's done/said in the past.  I'm generally a separate the art from the artist kinda guy but I do understand that some people can't, and that's totally fine.

Also cancelling isn't even really a thing, we DO let the market do the talking, Hollywood above all only cares about money. If cancelling was legit then Mark Whalberg (who actually committed hate crimes) wouldn't still be a big star, Gibson wouldn't be getting this show, etc.

Fair enough. You're right. I just think someone like Mel Gibson isn't the only one guilty of shit (pardon my language). It's all about what gets found out and reported, and what doesn't. Hardly giving Mel a pass, mind you. I'll have to read further into this stuff you guys are talking about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

The market has done the talking as far as Gibson's movie career's concerned. I'm actually surprised anyone still has enough faith in him to carry a presumably still quite expensive TV show. Maybe they got him cheap.

I love him. He's a rare breed nowadays and for that I love him all the more. Bear in mind I'm also a 50 year old woman. :P That, and I avoid Hollywood like the plague outside of their productions, if that makes sense. I will watch movies and TV shows (as long as they don't lecture me) but I actually don't care for the whole institution off stage. I watch their productions for my own entertainment and when I shut the TV off I'm shutting them all out of my life. It's all quite fake and poisonous.

Edited by Val357
  • Like 1