charlie Jatinder

Monday (5/20) Numbers

31 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

La fin du monde. Everyone should drink it. I forgot how much I loved it even 10 years later.  Man it sneaks up on you.

Brewed not far from where I live.

Great beer indeed! Drank lots of it back when I could drink several 9% beers in one go :ph34r:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

Why IW bumped on Tue? Assume that it had US bump and Canada drop on Tue too? 

Cause every film is just a tad different. Partly what makes tracking fun to do. 

If EG is flat Monday to Tuesday that would be amazing as the difference in Canada alone will take a bite. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

Brewed not far from where I live.

Great beer indeed! Drank lots of it back when I could drink several 9% beers in one go :ph34r:

I used to drink a lot now never.2 of those 24 ounce 750ml beers would get me hammered imo. I've haven't been drunk since 2017😯

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

IW Canada Monday was less intense, so the Canada drop couldn’t fully cancel the US bump for it. 

Or IW had the US bump so great on Tue so that it could cancel the Canadian drop on Tue?

In that case, I wish EG had great US bump on Tue too

Edited by danhtruong5
  • Like 1

Maybe DP2 kept on denting AIW a little for a couple more days and didn't all of a sudden stop having a negative effect post Sunday?

Guessing EG again tracks ahead for a while,

3.35 vs 2.7

3.35 vs 2.9

2.25 vs 1.9

2.15 vs 1.9

followed by a neck and neck weekend again and then AIW takes over.

• Like 1

More amazing than the Endgame number is that the movie has now been out for many weeks and half the people can’t get its name right. I don’t know what “End Game” is, but there’s no such movie in theaters at present. There is a movie called Endgame though! 

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

Maybe DP2 kept on denting AIW a little for a couple more days and didn't all of a sudden stop having a negative effect post Sunday?

Guessing EG again tracks ahead for a while,

3.35 vs 2.7

3.35 vs 2.9

2.25 vs 1.9

2.15 vs 1.9

followed by a neck and neck weekend again and then AIW takes over.

I dont want IW takes over tho.

What can be the final number for EG at this rate? 

7 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

I dont want IW takes over tho.

What can be the final number for EG at this rate? 

IW had added 2.8x it's 4th weekend to the cume. That gives EG close to 855 but that's the high-end imo looking at how the films behaved so far. Going pessimistic 835. 845 splitting the difference.

11 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

More amazing than the Endgame number is that the movie has now been out for many weeks and half the people can’t get its name right. I don’t know what “End Game” is, but there’s no such movie in theaters at present. There is a movie called Endgame though! 

Well to this day there's apparently a Star Wars film called Rouge One

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Updated

JW 5.7

EG 3.4

DP 2.7

EG comfortably #1 in Canada. Monday ~ Sunday.

Canadians not supporting fellow Canadians.

First, Ryan Reynolds. 

Now, Keanu Reeves.

☹️

• Haha 1

Dark Universe this ain't. Blumhouse's THE INVISIBLE MAN slips into theaters Mar. 13, 2020. Leigh Whannell (UPGRADE, INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3) writes and directs. Elisabeth Moss, Storm Reid star.

More Wick? 4 sho. JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 4 goes out guns blazin' May 21, 2021. Lionsgate will likely crank these out faster than FAST & FURIOUS from here on out.

Official confirmation: Toy Story 4 will open on Jun.21 in China.

2 hours ago, dakus said:

When it comes to the proportional numbers on the top broadcast shows, Canadians absolutely watch more. 

Like I said top show rating is different than how much tv is watched (in my sub-canadian market it is even crazier, we get higher than Superbowl market share rating type for some weekly shows, but there is only 2 popular channel).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Expecting a big day tomorrow for endgame with this new service announcement hahaha 😂

This is pathetic. Just lol. #SpendGame

spendgame.png

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

This is pathetic. Just lol. The bargaining stage of grief, because even if it slips past Avatar with good holds from desperate fans buying empty seats #SpendGame, it won’t be enough to hold off the Avatar HDR re-release.

such a vain thing

Endgame is going to have to crawl its way there, maybe barely topping it. What's crazy about Avatar is just how ahead Cameron was of the competition, 1.67 billion over the next non-Cameron movie (Return of the King). That's a difference of more than the entire gross of the first Avengers movie, to put that in perspective.

It'll be interesting to see how well he does with all the growth there has been in various markets (especially China, 60k screens today versus 5k in 2009 goddamn!).  

• Like 2