Legion Again

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

8f4410e24255a3be67458ed5f5b1265abc7d0360

[Mod Edit:Endgame spoilers OK]

Enough details dropped tonight that I figure we might as well get a thread going. 

https://deadline.com/2019/05/kari-skogland-to-direct-6-part-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-miniseries-with-anthony-mackie-sebastian-stan-daniel-bruhl-emily-van-camp-1202619197/

Key points:  

6 episodes

Kari Skogland to direct

Aug 2020

Sharon Carter and Zemo in talks to appear      

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow. Didn’t think Sharon Carter was going to be a part of the MCU after Civil War. Surprised at the cast list for this. I really wasn’t planning on watching any of these MCU shows and didn’t really care about Falcon as Cap, but I’m intrigued by this and the director they selected. 

Interesting that they're bringing both Sharon Carter and Zemo back into the MCU with this (if they do end up signing I guess?), I'm very intrigued as to how it's going to play out. Sharon didn't really have enough screentime for me to have much of an opinion on her, but if they can give her something to work with that'll be good. I enjoyed Zemo in the scenes he did get and I'm wondering if he'll be an active threat being that he's supposed to be locked up, or maybe they'll need him to help on a mission or something.

But I'm very much looking forward to this show overall, Bucky and Sam are two of my favourites and Anthony and Sebastian work well together, so it'll be great to see them playing off each other in this. They had a nice level of comfort with each other at the end of Endgame so I can't wait to see how that plays going forward now that Steve's not around (or at least not in an ass-kicking capacity).

It's quite a while away being that it's not screening until August 2020 but I hope that's enough time for Disney+ to be available here. I will pay money to watch this Disney, do you hear me?!

19 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Moderation

Endgame spoilers OK in this thread.

Regards

BOT Staff

👍   

Makes sense, similar sitch as FFH.      

It’s funny that this is the first piece of 2020 MCU content to officially have a date and title. August positions it between the May movie and the November movie. Could be the only piece of MCU content that year set in the present day.     

So this show should allow them to slowly develop the “Sam as new Captain America” stuff, and then hit the ground running with his first movie appearance.     

I really like Bruhl as Zemo. I wonder if we’ll get anything closer to his comic costume or any progress towards a potential Thunderbolts.      

6 eps should lead to some pretty right pacing, depending on episode length that could well be shorter than IW+Endgame.

Edited by Thanos Legion

On one hand, yay for more Sam Wilson content and 'yay' for Kari Skogland to direct (and Malcolm Spellman to write).  On the other hand, with Zemo and Sharon coming back, I'm worried this will be the Bucky Show, but Falcon and Winter Soldier sounded better than Winter Soldier and Falcon.  That'd'be a big 'boo' for me.

So.  Cautiously lit until we get footage.  

(Also please have Sharon and Bucky hook up so I can watch fandom burn. please give me that.)

I remember Nate Moore saying that Zemo in Civil War was supposed to be an introduction to his character. I've always felt they have big plans for him (well for one is one of the few MCU villains to not die). Would be nice for this show to maybe give Sharon Carter some actual characterisation. If this is basically a Cap 4 but with Falcon as the lead I would totally be ok with that. 

I um.....kinda like Bucky as a character so I'm ok if he gets some good focus and hopefully can move his character past being the guy Steve had to save again and again. 

With the announced MCU Disney+ shows most likely all coming in 2020 it'll make up for the lack of a 3rd MCU film that year.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

Hopefully they give Van Camp much better material than the movies gave her. They seemed determined to make her a love interest to Steve but gave up when they realized the "ick" factor was too strong plus Evans and Van Camp having no chemistry. 

Also:

https://theplaylist.net/kari-skogland-loudest-voice-falcon-winter-soldier-20190706/

“Falcon & Winter Soldier,” which is coming out next year on Disney+. You’ve directed in the MCU before with “The Punisher,” but how will this show differ in style and tone, and what will the story focus on post-“Endgame?”
As you can imagine, I can tell you almost nothing, [laughter] because it’s all a closely-guarded secret for the sake of everybody enjoying the nice surprise of what we’re cooking up. But it is going to be a wonderful and wild ride. As you know, at the end of ‘Endgame,’ the shield was passed to Anthony Mackie. Now, we will go on that ride with him and see where that takes us.

And that’s about as much as I can tell you at this point. But I can say it will be jam-packed with all the things that the MCU is known for, which is not just the drama but also the wonderful action that we do. What I’m thrilled about is that as a female, I’m working with Kevin Feige and Nate Moore and Zoe Nagelman, all of whom are on the feature side, and we are making a six-hour feature. The MCU universe is so inclusive and so diverse in how they see the world. They’re very forward-thinking, and I’m very proud to be part of telling their stories.

13 months to go but at least they're shooting in October so we can probably get some set pictures then.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2020/01/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-production-cancelled-puerto-rico-earthquakes-1202829374/

They were supposed to arrive in Puerto Rico tomorrow for 2 weeks of filming, but the earthquakes have put an end to that. Tough luck for the show, and worse luck for PR, not only with those quakes, but I'm sure the island would have been happy to see Marvel down there spending some money for a few weeks.

• Like 2

Given the movement of the movies, I'd imagine the Disney + mcu tv shows will move too... 

Maybe a December or January release for this ?  (Really can't see this hitting the August Release date ~ especially with production halted.