Legion Again

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

1 hour ago, FilmFincher said:

Hide contents

Walker's through-line in this episode is done really well. You see his frustrations at not being powered with Bucky, then again when he gets his ass kicked by the Dora Milage and then the taking of the serum. It was really well told when the previous episode's have really only had a couple of scenes to set this up. 

I liked Walker maybe had a slight awareness of what kind of person he is. He was tentative about taking the serum and what kind of person he was. It felt like he needed Battlestar to talk him into doing it.

Spoiler

It’s really setting up the moment where someone (probably Sam) tells him that what made Steve special wasn’t some special serum, it was who he was before the serum that defined him.

It’s quite poignant how Walker is being crippled by self doubt about what he feels he needs to do to live up to his predecessor and that’s what’s causing him to go off the rails. You could see in the first few episodes that he’s actually a good man who wants to do good, even here in this episode, despite the arrogance creeping in, his heart is in the right place until he loses it in the end scene.

The whole thing is basically a call back to The First Avenger where Tommy Lee Jones’s character wants to give the serum to that typical jock guy. We’re seeing that scenario play out.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Wormow said:

The first two episodes were okay, I actually hated the third episode, but this was the best episode so far of the four.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm glad to hear the comments about the 1st 2 episodes - I watched one yesterday and one today, and all I could think of was "this is, at best, a bunt single by Disney" - no risk taking, no trying to hit it out of the park like Wandavision...just very rote...which normally I like, but so far, I'm in "it's okay" category (although Falcon's flights are awesome)...glad it seems it will get better, if not in my next episode...

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm glad to hear the comments about the 1st 2 episodes - I watched one yesterday and one today, and all I could think of was "this is, at best, a bunt single by Disney" - no risk taking, no trying to hit it out of the park like Wandavision...just very rote...which normally I like, but so far, I'm in "it's okay" category (although Falcon's flights are awesome)...glad it seems it will get better, if not in my next episode...

Have to say I had the complete opposite reaction even to the first two episodes. I feel that while this show isn't very stylistically unique, it is telling a bolder and more interesting story than WandaVision. But different strokes, I guess. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3

I am loving it so far and frankly I don't even need big reveal. The story itself is very interesting. Marvel has never went this grey in superhero approach. Even in Wandavision they tried to do it black and white but here everyone is doing what they think and belive is right. It's really interesting. 

Also, John Walker story is really done better than I thought they will. He is just not villian for the sake of it. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Menor said:
  Hide contents

Did he actually take the serum yet? I don't recall a scene with him actually using it. Is it supposed to be implied by his bending of the metal?

And yeah at this point I'd be more surprised if Sharon wasn't the Power Broker. 

he literally jumped from a high story building and landed leaving a crack in the cement lmao

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 11:12 AM, grey ghost said:

Hide contents

Yeah I was onboard for the first two episode but breaking out Zemo was beyond stupid.

I don't know how much longer I'm going to stick with the show.

I was hoping for the tv version of Winter Soldier but this is starting to feel like the corny episodes of Agents of SHIELD.

Agents of SHIELD was a awesome show.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't know... Decent episode but there's something missing for me in all of this.

It feels like Captain America: The Winter Soldier except the action scenes have little suspense and impact I don't know why. There's something sloppy about it overall. Maybe it's missing the Russo's tight direction or the remarkably well-balanced Markus & McFeely scripts.

Spoiler

Beautiful scene with Bucky at the beginning of the episode though

• Like 2

So John Walker may not be an actual villain but he is definitely clearly completely 100% unfit to be the new Captain America. Steve Rogers would NOT approve of such actions.

I can't say I care for the Flag-Smashers stuff, mainly because Erin Kellyman's Karli is so bland. Not sure why Disney is so keen on making her a thing between Solo (she was the lead marauder), this, and one of the leads in the upcoming Willow reboot but eh.

• Like 1

So, watched episode #3 and 4...yeah, I'm not feeling this series at all.  It doesn't fit in character for almost anyone.  I don't like Bucky being almost depowered so scenes will work.  I don't like any of the "villains" and the main plot is still not fleshed out enough.  I don't buy how nothing happened after the 1st 5 minutes of episode 3 (it's unbelievable that the government is not immediately tracking a certain someone).  And I hated the ending to episode 4 as too obvious and pat, and yet also too out of character for many.  

It's almost worse now than it started.  I'd be giving it a C+ right now, but I guess it still has 2 episodes to save the season...

• Like 1