Legion Again

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

13 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

I feel like this is about to explode, if the opening sequence is as good as they're hyping it then it's a done deal. The marketing strategy has been great (though I've been trying to watch as little as possible)

Have they confirmed this one as a limited series? 

No, Feige recently said that that would be spoiler territory as to what shows get second seasons so we'll have to wait and see. But there are definitely plans for the characters, we just won't know about how yet.

Edited by Gamora

23 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

I feel like this is about to explode, if the opening sequence is as good as they're hyping it then it's a done deal. The marketing strategy has been great (though I've been trying to watch as little as possible)

Have they confirmed this one as a limited series? 

This hasn’t been confirmed to have a 2nd season or confirmed not to.   

However, personal speculation/assumptions/commentary, there’s almost no way we get a “Falcon and Winter Soldier S2” because I expect one or both to have new superhero names at the end of the show. We could get another season of Sam and Buck but it would probably be “Captain America and the Summer Solider” or whatever.

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

This hasn’t been confirmed to have a 2nd season or confirmed not to.   

However, personal speculation/assumptions/commentary, there’s almost no way we get a “Falcon and Winter Soldier S2” because I expect one or both to have new superhero names at the end of the show. We could get another season of Sam and Buck but it would probably be “Captain America and the Summer Solider” or whatever.

Why not the Spring Soldier? (I'll be here all week)

It seems pretty popular on Twitter given the number of likes I see here and there, it feels like it has more likes and engagement than WandaVision had pre-launch....I think it'll do well, even if I don't feel any hype on a personal level I can read the room.

2 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

” because I expect one or both to have new superhero names at the end of the show.

Spoiler

Or someone is going to thunderbolts :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

DST went into effect this week. :)

I know, it went up at 11:55pm PT its only 12:20am PT and my post is from 26 minutes ago

Loving this so far. 

Spoiler

GSP! Also execs at Paramount+ should be taking notes of the opening sequence and work out how to make a Mission Impossible TV show with that kind of action, shit was bonkers. 

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jamiem said:
  Hide contents

saying it now Fuck Captain Alt-Merica

Spoiler

His face in that suit alone is enough to be like... no. 😂

I'd say my only disappointment was the theme music during the end credits being so damn understated. Give us a Taking a Stand kinda triumph or something, geez.

This was obviously all setup and solidly building the characters before shit gets started and I enjoyed that about it. Sam has had more screentime for his personality to shine, but it was good to see where he's starting from, and Bucky hasn't had much at all, so I was excited to get into him. I've only watched the first trailer and a couple of the released scenes so I haven't seen a lot of footage, and I was kinda worried it was just going to come off as Mackie and Stan being themselves to an extent, but that definitely wasn't the case.

I started laughing when I realised Bucky must've killed that guy's son, not in a bad way but in a, dude really can't catch a damn break, can he kinda way. That's the tragedy of his character, he's done terrible things but none of it was his fault. But you can't exactly tell them the truth of what happened, so you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. I also cackled at the intercutting with the therapist when he was going through his steps and how he busted that person. Really well written and I liked how he's going about "making amends" in his own way. But I gotta say, Winter Soldier is sexy as fuck, I always liked his WS look so it was very pleasing to see it here again. More flashbacks of him killing and being sexy plz? 😍

Also bummed we have to wait at least another week to see Sam and Bucky interact with each other, but I'm it'll be worth it. I was surprised Stan got the first credit being that this has seemed like more importance would be with Sam, but I guess maybe it works through MCU seniority since he's been around longer.

I'm glad I checked a bit early, the WV finale went up early and caught me out, so I was ready this time.

• Like 1

Tired Good Night GIF

Spoiler

Only good thing about it was Yori and Buck scenes. Looking forward to that but that's not a big deal tho. The therapist however was fucking awful. Buck should just go to Wakanda and live his life. Rest all was lame.

The opening sequence was generic CGI stuff. I was wishing it to be some flashback from Sam's pre Winter Soldier life, but naah. Why is an Avenger working for United States Air force. These things might have worked in 2000s super hero films, not now.

The financial complication of Wilson's family are of no interest and feels artificial.

And govt continues be worst thing about MCU. New Captain America. The FUCK.

Also Also should have avoided Buck and that girl date thing.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 4

Season 8 Hello GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

34pqhz.jpg

PROS:

E V E R Y T H I N G

Excited Episode 1 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Sexy Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Spoiler

NO BUT LIKE SERIOUSLY.

JOAQUIN.

RHODES.

BUCKY'S THERAPIST.

SAAAAAARAH

THE DUDE AT THE BANK WHO'S TOP FIVE MCU SUPERVILLAIN OF ALL TIME.

THAT FUCKING ENDING.

Yes. Everything is a fucking YES.  I could cry I'm so happy.  It's everything Sam Wilson deserves and more.  I can't wait for his ASCENSION.  Oh, it's going to be so just, so good.  

CONS:

Spoiler

I want a real bird.  Someone, please get Sam a real falcon.

BOOOOOO! on Darlene being deceased.  I was so looking forward to Mama Wilson.  I did laugh that instead of doing the classic comic's backstory of Preacher's Son from Harlem, Mackie was just like "what if we use my life."  Not complaining, just made me laugh.  And sad that Gideon got erased.  He had A LOT of good backstory to mine.  And I did get SUPER emotional at seeing Paul & Darlene's names.

Why are we doing this week to week.  Where is next episode NOW?!?!  I can't believe I'm going to have to wait six weeks to see Sam DESTROY Walker.  RUDE.  RUDE.  I want it NOW.  The entire series I'm just gonna be:

RLVh5f.gif

Shocked we didn't see the Bradleys. I wonder if they're gonna be the series ending tag. Or maybe they were a rouse.  (And I don't want an answer.  I'm trying to stay spoiler-free.)

IN CONCLUSION:

season 6 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Hide contents

The financial complication of Wilson's family are of no interest and feels artificial.

Spoiler

That scene was the most realistic in the entire episode.  And super important:

1.  The series, like most of Phase 4, is trying to deal with the trauma of the Blip.  Sarah having financial issues, and losing her husband, and being alone, reinforces that it wasn't just some big joke like Spider-Man: Far From Home plays it off.  Thanos did irreversible damage to the world, and it affected more than just the Avengers.

2. It was heartbreaking, and maddening, that despite being an Avenger, and despite SAVING THE UNIVERSE, Sam was still turned down for a loan "because his finances weren't in order" -- which is not the reason he was turned down for the loan.   And that happens every day.  Banks fuck with people, particularly people of color, all the time.  

• Like 10

14 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

This one seems the most boring of the MCu series to me. Falcon has never really been Interesting to me and Bucky is better service as a motivating but not main character. The feeling of anticipation for this vs Loki for me is polar opposites 

Felt the same way. But get ready to change your mind.

ITS FANTASTIC!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cap said:
Spoiler

That scene was the most realistic in the entire episode.  And super important

1. some big joke like Spider-Man: Far From Home plays it off.  Thanos did irreversible damage to the world, and it affected more than just the Avengers.

2.  It was heartbreaking, and maddening, that despite being an Avenger, and despite SAVING THE UNIVERSE, Sam was still turned down for a loan "because his finances weren't in order" -- which is not the reason he was turned down for the loan.

Spoiler

1. Yes, it is important and I wish it was done well instead of coming off just artifical conflict.

2. In real world, that won't be happening. A bank will give a loan to an Avengers in a snap. Letting an Avenger go like that is just a bad bad business. Hence artificial. Just their to fill the runtime.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1