JGAR4LIFE

***SPOILERS*** GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS****SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD*** | SPOILER WARNING

7 minutes ago, kitik said:

Wow, that was fantastic!

The reviews are dead wrong here. This was exactly what a big budget Godzilla movie should be!

The effects were great, the human characters were surprisingly acceptable (miles better than 2014), the battles were gigantic, and the scale was epic.

The funny thing is, we heard that there were 17 monsters (that they know of), but we barely saw half of them. Two of them died at the end of the movie, so we're down to 15, but we know both Ghidorah and Mothra will definitely be back, so we're really still right back up to 17. 

They set so much stuff up in this movie, even the idea of monsters from space, so they've got a wide open universe they could do whatever they want in. The possibilities are endless.

It deserves to be a huge hit.

Yeah, but shitty critics and bad planing of WB/Legendary is gonna hurt it real bad. 

Screw you critics & screw you WB/Legendary

The direction is amazing but the script and most of the acting is just fucking awful.  

None of the human element works at all.

-Chandler's performance is a campy disaster & his character absurd 

-Farmiga is actually great in a horribly written character that is absurd and all over the place, lots of unintended laughter at her character 

-The normally great Watanabe is...

That said, the story "eco terrorists" unleashing the worlds monsters and all of the mnster-verse stuff with monarch is awesome and very creative, lots of imagination on display here.

Sadly, also lots of missed potential just as the last film. I highly doubt moviegoers will be excited for a 3rd - if they're even excited for the 2nd which seems highly debatable ay this point.

Godzilla v Kong had $350m+ potential but not any more.

I don't know much about these kaijus, but I enjoyed the movie. The monsters, the fights between them, the visuals, the effects, all were amazing. I got goosebumps in some of the scenes. My only complain about the visuals is, many times it was so dark and smoky, that it was hard to see what's happening. Sometimes it was even hard for me to distinguish the monsters.

My biggest complains about the movie, are the story and many of the human characters. First, I didn't get Vera Farmiga's character. She's all over the place. I mean she clearly was a cold blooded terorist. She's okay that her colleagues whom she knew well were brutally murdered (one of them on the head execution style), and didn't even care if the father of her only kid left was also killed by one of the titans, even though she was devastated that her son was killed by Godzilla. She's obviously crazy, and borderline a psychopath. But somehow the script tried to dismiss that. Sally Hawkins' character didn't do much and then died just like that, such a waste. And apparently only Serizawa mourned for her. Also, they were really chill about the effects of nuclear radiation. I didn't even realize there were teleportations, since I was confused the whole time about who was where. I did like Millie Bobby Brown. She's great in this.

Those problems I mentioned above bothered me, but overall I was still highly entertained by the movie. I think critics are right to some degree, but still too harsh.

Edited by catlover

Wow, this movie was fantastic. The characters aren’t special or anything, but I didn’t find them annoying which was my main worry. Is Vera’s reasoning in that literal PowerPoint presentation  dumb? Very very much so. The pacing was also real fast and tons of teleportation. 

Other then that, my god. Absolutely fantastic. 9/10

• Like 2

Farmiga gives perhaps the best performance in absolutely horribly written role that I can recall. Strange that I am impressed with her and also see her character as one fo there worst Ive ever seen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dbui8743 said:

Funny that, this and game of throne both made by wb and both have main char facing seemingly undefeatable dragon shouting in despair but not die haha.

Plot armor level: over 9000

Development/motivation/personality: 0

Well if you are facing a giant dragon and you have no other way to run, what do you do other than taking it in stride? Do you really need motivation for it? Or development into figuring out they have super power and atomic breath back at the dragons?

Edited by Dbui8743

I thought it was pretty good.  The monster fights were fun, even if they didn't really track a lot of the time.  The human elements were pretty bland and nonsensical.  But the expectation was to get a spectacle and I got a spectacle.

Watched it a second time, still like this a lot!

The standout sequence for me would be the Rodan chase leading to the Ghidorah encounter.

Goosebumps-inducing stuff, and a classic Toho tradition brought to life. 

The Ghidorah reveal with the lightning flashes and all with the Monarch crew staring in horror also carries the sequence as well!

• Like 2