JGAR4LIFE

***SPOILERS*** GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS****SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD*** | SPOILER WARNING

Poor Sally Hawkins. She deserved so much better than to unceremoniously die during a big action scene. Reminded me of when that lame Independence Day sequel brought Vivica A. Fox back just to kill her off after not even a minute of screen time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Poor Sally Hawkins. She deserved so much better than to unceremoniously die during a big action scene. Reminded me of when that lame Independence Day sequel brought Vivica A. Fox back just to kill her off after not even a minute of screen time.

How come they killed off the interesting characters of whole Monsterverse without giving any thought about it in Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe & Sally Hawkins. 

Also we aren't getting John C Reilly's character from KSI & Charles Dunce in KOTM.

So it means we're stuck with that boring family for GVK. 

32 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

How come they killed off the interesting characters of whole Monsterverse without giving any thought about it in Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe & Sally Hawkins. 

Also we aren't getting John C Reilly's character from KSI & Charles Dunce in KOTM.

I mean John C Reilly's character would be about 100 years old by GVK. In any case while Chandler/Brown are both in GVK, that film also has an extensive new cast, I imagine they're only in a supporting role.

Edited by Ithil

39 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

oh man i just looked at the cast for GvK and they have the same family returning.... just why. there was 0 development of any of the characters, just have a different cast of characters.

30 minutes ago, Avatree said:

oh man i just looked at the cast for GvK and they have the same family returning.... just why. there was 0 development of any of the characters, just have a different cast of characters.

Are you sure you actually looked at the cast for GvK?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5034838/

Because there's only three returning people, the cast is 90% all new, including the lead. Exactly like KOTM, which only had a couple of returning characters too (including...the lead).

Edited by Ithil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ithil said:

Are you sure you actually looked at the cast for GvK?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5034838/

Because there's only three returning people, the cast is 90% all new, including the lead. Exactly like KOTM, which only had a couple of returning characters too (including...the lead).

it has the young girl and Kyle Chandler so I would guess it will centre on that family again, it's not like they are necessary characters for any other reason (i.e. they're not important scientists or anything, just a random family drama).

I am not sure what you mean by KOTM had lead characters returning.

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

it has the young girl and Kyle Chandler so I would guess it will centre on that family again, it's not like they are necessary characters for any other reason (i.e. they're not important scientists or anything, just a random family drama).

I am not sure what you mean by KOTM had lead characters returning.

KOTM didn't have lead characters returning. That's what I meant. The only characters to return from Godzilla 2014 were Watanabe and Hawkins (and one or two minor characters), and they were not leads. The same is the case for GvK, the only people returning are Chandler, Brown and Zhang, and none of them are going to be the lead character. 

Almost the entire cast of GvK is new, and Alexander Skarsgard is playing the lead, we already know that. I don't know your thought process if you think GvK would feature their "family drama" as a story, given that storyline concluded in KOTM. Let alone "revolve" around them. They weren't a random family either, Chandler's character was ex-Monarch and helped create the MacGuffin used in KOTM, them returning as supporting characters is natural, unlike say ATJ and Elizabeth Olsen's characters in 2014 who should and did have no further business with Godzilla's whole mess.

Edited by Ithil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ithil said:

KOTM didn't have lead characters returning. That's what I meant. The only characters to return from Godzilla 2014 were Watanabe and Hawkins (and one or two minor characters), and they were not leads. The same is the case for GvK, the only people returning are Chandler, Brown and Zhang, and none of them are going to be the lead character. 

Almost the entire cast of GvK is new, and Alexander Skarsgard is playing the lead, we already know that. I don't know your thought process if you think GvK would feature their "family drama" as a story, given that storyline concluded in KOTM. Let alone "revolve" around them.

I don't tknow anything about GVK i had just assumed that it would have a fresh cast / different characters, then I just looked on wikipedia and saw that Kyle Chandler and Millie Bobby Brown are in it.

Hopefully you are correct :)  but as Chandler was lead character i assumed he will also be lead in GvK

8 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I don't tknow anything about GVK i had just assumed that it would have a fresh cast / different characters, then I just looked on wikipedia and saw that Kyle Chandler and Millie Bobby Brown are in it.

Hopefully you are correct :)  but as Chandler was lead character i assumed he will also be lead in GvK

It does have a new cast and story, we do not know what Chandler or Brown's roles will be, whether they are even large parts or just one scene. But we do know Skarsgard's character is the lead.

4 minutes ago, Ithil said:

It does have a new cast and story, we do not know what Chandler or Brown's roles will be, whether they are even large parts or just one scene. But we do know Skarsgard's character is the lead.

okay, that's a relief somewhat.

incidentally I dont think i've ever seen anything alexander skarsgard has done on tv/film.

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Haven't seen the movie but I've watched the post credit scene like 4 times already while at work. 

Isn't the shot of Charles Dance IN the damn trailer? :lol: 

i just watched the three trailers and no, the post credit scene is not in any of the trailer footage.

18 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

Yup it is! :lol: the 2nd trailer!!

10 minutes ago, Avatree said:

i just watched the three trailers and no, the post credit scene is not in any of the trailer footage.

ok lol I'm getting mixed signals 

12 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

The Rodan fight with all of the fighter planes was my favorite scene. Lots of other eye-candy moments, too, but that Rodan fight was really well-choreographed imo

Yep, everything from it's first appearance to until he met Ghidorah was simply breathtaking.

Also Rodan had pretty good expressions to different situations.

• Like 2

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

Yep, everything from it's first appearance to until he met Ghidorah was simply breathtaking.

expressions? Ive seen a few people talking about the monsters having expressions. Am I just blind? None of them ever expressed any emotion. apart from possibly the close up of Godzilla being nuked.

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

expressions? Ive seen a few people talking about the monsters having expressions. Am I just blind? None of them ever expressed any emotion. apart from possibly the close up of Godzilla being nuked.

Rodan had, from first escaping, watching planes, watching Ghidorah, getting slapped by Mothra, and later when he sees Godzilla.

Godzilla himself had, first time he sees Ghidorah, when he gets revived, watching Mothra disintegrated, WTF expression when Ghidorah levels up using electricity, sniffing angrily at Rodan after the battle.

Ghidorah 3 heads fighting each other almost every time, whenever he gets confused by Orca's changing frequencies during Antarctica battle & final battle, When Godzilla turned into fire Godzilla.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

His "I can't believe that just happened" face to Mothra stabbing him when he thought he had her cornered was priceless.

• Like 1