JGAR4LIFE

***SPOILERS*** GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS****SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD*** | SPOILER WARNING

1 minute ago, snarkmachine said:

is the human story good or is it just 95% millie bobby brown screaming shots

YMMV and maybe because I'm already a Godzilla fan buuut....I personally loved the human story. It felt like a mix of classic Toho stuff and Spielberg. I really loved the characters and how the main ones developed, and it was serious but not too heavy. My favorite Godzilla script since GMK.

• Like 4

Just now, snarkmachine said:

is the human story good or is it just 95% millie bobby brown screaming shots

Watanabe this time was given justice. He has an incredible scene that you'll know what I'm talking about when you see the movie. 

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Watanabe this time was given justice. He has an incredible scene that you'll know what I'm talking about when you see the movie. 

His stuff in the movie was my favorite though honestly I really loved Kyle Chandler and Vera Farmiga in this? I was not expecting to, but I love how they have different views on the titans and I loved the redemption story for both of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

“Goodbye, old Friend.”

• Sad 3

Just now, JGAR4LIFE said:

Did they seriously pick the military march over Rodan’s or Ghidorah’s song :winomg:

It always struck me as something patriotically Japanese.

Rodan and Ghidorah's songs aren't as iconic and they bought the rights to Godzilla and Mothra's already.

17 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Fucking incredible. The instrumental version of Mothra's theme gave me chills.

No joke I teared up a bit when I first heard that rendition and the Godzilla classic theme in the theater. It was glorious. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

Were the scenes of the non-Toho titans similar to the Aquaman/Flash/Cyborg reveals in BvS?

More of a short montage? 

Thanks!

They're more kind of background fodder. Not meant to build the universe, more meant to make the conflict feel apocalyptic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

No joke I teared up a bit when I first heard that rendition and the Godzilla classic theme in the theater. It was glorious. 

But which Mothra there did they use? The song that the twins sang or Sacred Springs?

4 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I've heard Godzilla is a lot more expressive in this one. Is that true?

He was very expressive in G-2014, it's a bit more but it's the same MoCap actor and everything.

Just now, JGAR4LIFE said:

But which Mothra there did they use? The song that the twins sang or Sacred Springs?

The song as an instrumental. 

• Like 2