JGAR4LIFE

***SPOILERS*** GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS****SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD*** | SPOILER WARNING

Just now, JGAR4LIFE said:

Let me guess, they play it during the waterfall scene????

Waterfall, when Mothra comes to save Godzilla from the Oxygen Destroyer, her entrance into the final fight, her sacrifice.

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

How does it set up Godzilla v Kong?

Set-up is in the credits. Other Titans/kaiju/monsters are moving to Skull Island and upsetting the ecosystem. Kong and Godzilla's species are rivals.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Set-up is in the credits. Other Titans/kaiju/monsters are moving to Skull Island and upsetting the ecosystem. Kong and Godzilla's species are rivals.

Woah, nice!!

Any clues as to how Kong & Godzilla match up height-wise?

Im just curious about that aspect. Thanks!

Just now, kaijukurt said:

Woah, nice!!

Any clues as to how Kong & Godzilla match up height-wise?

Im just curious about that aspect. Thanks!

Cave paintings have them at equal height.

• Like 1

Just now, Mulder said:

It's in the credits which are modeled after G-2014's opening credits.

They had the credits in my screening where we see redacted news clippings, but there wasn't anything about Kong. Then again, it was almost a year ago.

Just now, grim22 said:

They had the credits in my screening where we see redacted news clippings, but there wasn't anything about Kong. Then again, it was almost a year ago.

They added stuff probably is my guess.

I’m not a kaijuverse expert, but isn’t some of Mothra’s schtick dying and then being reborn? Was the door left open for that, or a relatively definitive “dead-and-gone-forever?”  

Also I haven’t seen Godzilla ‘14 and am not very likely too, but this one looks a lot more interesting/fun. Is there anything important from the first one that I should know to enjoy this? Or mostly its own storyline?

Edited by Thanos Legion

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m not a kaijuverse expert, but isn’t some of Mothra’s schtick dying and then being reborn? Was the door left open for that, or a relatively definitive “dead-and-gone-forever.”    

Also I haven’t seen Godzilla ‘14 and am not very likely too, but this one looks a lot more interesting/fun. Is there anything important from the first one that I should know to enjoy this? Or mostly its own storyline?

1. Yes it is. They mention an egg in the credits being found that might be Mothra's or something else (I'm thinking Baby Godzilla)

2. Honestly I'd say watch it. It ties into this movie incredibly, you will not understand a lot of the conflict and discussion of this movie without G-2014.

Edited by Mulder
  • Like 1

Just now, Mulder said:

1. Yes it is. They mention an egg in the credits being found that might be Mothra's or something else (I'm thinking Baby Godzilla)

2. Honestly I'd say watch it. It ties into this movie incredibly, you will not understand a lot of the conflict and discussion of this movie with G-2014.

Personally, I didn't think any knowledge of G2014 is necessary for this movie. All that is needed to know is that G2014 happened and San Francisco was affected.

• Like 4

Just now, grim22 said:

Personally, I didn't think any knowledge of G2014 is necessary for this movie. All that is needed to know is that G2014 happened and San Francisco was affected.

Serizawa's watch is a big plot point. The MUTOs show up several times. A lot of things set up in G-2014 and Skull Island come into play here. It's definitely not essential but it adds a lot imo. Even if you dislike G-2014.

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Serizawa's watch is a big plot point. The MUTOs show up several times. A lot of things set up in G-2014 and Skull Island come into play here. It's definitely not essential but it adds a lot imo. Even if you dislike G-2014.

The watch wasn't a plot point, just shown a couple of times. MUTOs show up in the base but don't play into the plot. Not sure what else set up in G2014 and KSI come into play because the movie feels very standalone. Without knowledge of those movies, you can jump into this and not miss a beat IMO.

Just now, grim22 said:

The watch wasn't a plot point, just shown a couple of times. MUTOs show up in the base but don't play into the plot. Not sure what else set up in G2014 and KSI come into play because the movie feels very standalone. Without knowledge of those movies, you can jump into this and not miss a beat IMO.

🤷‍♀️ That's your take.

2 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

Can I post in this thread lol :P

Mothra was incredible

Her species and Godzilla's species are allies. Mothra even has Godzilla's eye pattern in her wings.

My dumb shipping heart loves that they're basically implied to be mates. Also my theater fucking LOST IT when she beat Rodan in their fight.

17 minutes ago, Mulder said:

My dumb shipping heart loves that they're basically implied to be mates. Also my theater fucking LOST IT when she beat Rodan in their fight.

yeah I kind of both expecting and not expecting her secret weapon at the same time lol

Edited by Heroicpiglet
  • Like 1