charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (5/23) Numbers

PIKA 1.67

1.5 (-10%) // would have gone -15% but hoping Mem Day weekend will boost Thursday evening/night

3.6 (+140%)

5.75 (+60%)

5.75 (-0%)

4.6 (-20%)

= 15.1 3-day (-40%) / 19.7 4-day (-21.5%)

Gives 122.4 cume by Monday, on track for 150-160.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Shazam’s 4th weekend got completely bulldozed because of End Game. I can’t imagine that happening with Pikachu’s 4th weekend. It’ll drop because it’s coming off of MDW but should be able to recover after that which Shazam was never really able to do. Not sure how high it’ll go but I can def see a gross better than Shazam!s domestically. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

Shazam’s 4th weekend got completely bulldozed because of End Game. I can’t imagine that happening with Pikachu’s 4th weekend. It’ll drop because it’s coming off of MDW but should be able to recover after that which Shazam was never really able to do. 

While Pikachu won't drop as hard as Shazam on its 4th weekend, it still has a lot of competition coming up. There are 4 movies doing 50M+ (with Aladdin and SLOP 2 doing 65M+) in the next 3 weeks. Aladdin and SLOP 2 will probably be direct competition to DP so I don't think it'll have good late legs. don't seeing it doing above 145M~ dom total. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

:rotfl:

As long as the competition keeps tanking like that (Aladdin) It’ll keep most of its screens and I oop. 👏

FLOP2 pre sales ain’t looking too hot either. 

Edited by Tentatek

44 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

While Pikachu won't drop as hard as Shazam on its 4th weekend, it still has a lot of competition coming up. There are 4 movies doing 50M+ (with Aladdin and SLOP 2 doing 65M+) in the next 3 weeks. Aladdin and SLOP 2 will probably be direct competition to DP so I don't think it'll have good late legs. don't seeing it doing above 145M~ dom total. 

When I thought Pikachu would play like a family film, Id have agreed with you but so far it hasn't which leads me to believe that neither of those movies will be direct competition to it. Of course its attracting families and such but not to the extent I thought it would and def not to the extent where I see those films affecting it all that much. Godzilla opens next weekend so it could see double features with it which should help. Will see how it holds against Aladdin this weekend but I'm not sensing that they're attracting the same crowds.  And as long as it has decent drops, it'll keep theaters. Theaters will just get rid of the smaller movies that are not performing. That's also something that I could see happening with End Game, which is why I haven't commented on the over/under Avatar thing. If End Game has decent drops and is making more than other movies, theaters will keep it over them. 

Edited by Nova

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Shazam’s 4th weekend got completely bulldozed because of End Game. I can’t imagine that happening with Pikachu’s 4th weekend. It’ll drop because it’s coming off of MDW but should be able to recover after that which Shazam was never really able to do. Not sure how high it’ll go but I can def see a gross better than Shazam!s domestically. 

yeah i doubt pika even in the worst case false below 145-150.

conservatively, 120 by mem day monday after a 4-day of 17.5 (-30%)

then strong weekdays kick in helping it recover lost ground (due to increasing summer competition).

also like u pointed out,  it's competition is nothing like shazam facing aeg, a behemoth from it's own genre.

to add 25-30 more after a 17.5 4-day weekend for 145-150 dom is the least it should manage.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1