Cedarpoint1111

THE HUNTSMAN WINTER'S WAR | April 22, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 42!

Universal's biggest problem is that they don't have a Superhero property. These days all the money is in movie franchise business and even their biggest franchise (Fast & Furious) is not in a good place after losing Paul Walker. F7 will make a lot of money next year because Walker will be a part of it but what happens next ? They have a $400 million dollar movie in SWATH with a couple of high profile actors attached for the sequel. They have to find a good director, a good script and give it their best shot. If they can keep the budget in the $130 million range then I don't think this will lose money given the genre and the actors attached to star.

They have Despicable me franchise. The budget is relatively low, profit is really high.
  • Like 3

Universal's biggest problem is that they don't have a Superhero property. These days all the money is in movie franchise business and even their biggest franchise (Fast & Furious) is not in a good place after losing Paul Walker. F7 will make a lot of money next year because Walker will be a part of it but what happens next ? They have a $400 million dollar movie in SWATH with a couple of high profile actors attached for the sequel. They have to find a good director, a good script and give it their best shot.  If they can keep the budget in the $130 million range then I don't think this will lose money given the genre and the actors attached to star.

Posted Image

• Like 3

FF, Bourne, Mini Me, Jurassic Park, and those Dracula vs Frankenstein movies from their vault?

Jaws Reboot may be in order.

They need Spielberg.

Look at the past Spielberg-Universal collaborations:

Jaws (70s), ET (80s), Jurassic Park (90s). 2010s?

2020s?

• Like 1