Cedarpoint1111

THE HUNTSMAN WINTER'S WAR | April 22, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 42!

This is free money for KStew and Hems. Make as much as you can while your career is red hot If they can make the movie for around $100 million then it may even be profitable with a December 2014 date.

Edited by TLK

This is going to do worse business than WotW. Nobody but Sasha Crone clamors for sequel and I don`t think that Stewart will be interesting to the public now that Twilight is over.

Despite the perception on this board, WotT was hardly some massive flop. It made over 300M and doubled the prod budget. Not what the studio hoped for, to be sure, but not a bomb, though it's constantly referred to as such.

Wrath disappointed. In the end, it probably wasn't a problem for WB, but they won't rush another movie to production for sure.

Indeed. Might as well stop...that franchise is two for two on absolutely crappy movies.And sometimes I even like cool looking crappy movies...but nope, not these. Wrath was better than Clash though simply because I actually was hoping Clash might be good.

Yeah, I still don't think this will happen. It's to her benefit to act like a sequel is happening since it gives the first the appearance of being a huge success, and well, it makes it seem like there's no personal taint on the experience for her. But Hemsworth isn't talking about it. There's no news about a director being hired. And while Charlize and Hemsworth might be contracted for it, I doubt either will go out of their way to try to push it through. And without the active, behind the scenes campaigning of all the leads, a borderline sequel like this can be left behind.

Yeah, I still don't think this will happen. It's to her benefit to act like a sequel is happening Who's benefit? since it gives the first the appearance of being a huge success, and well, it makes it seem like there's no personal taint on the experience for her. But Hemsworth isn't talking about it. Does he have to? There's no news about a director being hired. Does the new Bourne, JPIV or POTCV have directors. Who said this has to be for 2014? Anyways a director can be hired within the month and still make a 2014 release. And while Charlize and Hemsworth might be contracted for it, I doubt either will go out of their way to try to push it through. Its not their choice. And without the active, behind the scenes campaigning of all the leads, a borderline sequel like this can be left behind.

• Like 1

Yeah, I still don't think this will happen. It's to her benefit to act like a sequel is happening since it gives the first the appearance of being a huge success, and well, it makes it seem like there's no personal taint on the experience for her. But Hemsworth isn't talking about it. There's no news about a director being hired. And while Charlize and Hemsworth might be contracted for it, I doubt either will go out of their way to try to push it through. And without the active, behind the scenes campaigning of all the leads, a borderline sequel like this can be left behind.

Actors have little control in these type of situations. If the studio wants it to happen then it will happen. A sequel isn't a lock in this instance and they are going to look at Worldwide home media numbers and will proceed accordingly. Biggest problem with Clash was that it put up relatively unimpressive home media numbers which should've been a big tell that the movie didn't go down well with the General Audience. Snow White is doing just fine on the home media front so if they can keep the budget down for the sequel they can make a profitable movie.
  • Like 2

I was pretty disappointed by this movie. It had such great trailers and the movie looked so good but it just was t. I don't even remember what happens. Totally forgettable and a sequel will tank.

I feel the same way and people will only remember this as the movie in which Kristin Stewart had an affair with the director Edited by forg

Does the new Bourne, JPIV or POTCV have directors.

Those are franchises that easily lend themselves to sequels. Snow White is very much considered a one-off story to the general public which makes a sequel a hard sell even if the film had been well received. Which it wasn't. And the one thing that most people praised about the film, the creativity of the visuals, is in jeopardy since they've canned the director. There is an almost certain probability that a sequel will make less than the original. Other than Kristen Stewart, no one is dying for this to be made, including her own co-stars who all have better things to do.

Those are franchises that easily lend themselves to sequels. What does that mean? Still don't have directors, as for Bourne and JP they are as far maybe even further from getting a director than Huntsman. Snow White is very much considered a one-off story to the general public which makes a sequel a hard sell even if the film had been well received. They could do a spinoff for Huntsman more possibilities than most franchises out there. Which it wasn't. And the one thing that most people praised about the film, the creativity of the visuals, is in jeopardy since they've canned the director. Look at DotPOA and DoFP will those suffer due to the new directors? There is an almost certain probability that a sequel will make less than the original. Only if it reminiscent of WotT, but if we get a Skyfall quality increase it will go up. Other than Kristen Stewart, no one is dying for this to be made, including her own co-stars who all have better things to do.