sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

With or without the cupcake?:ph34r:

gotta have all the villains

then have a sequel tease where he teams up with a new villain, finish it off with "my next chapter"

• Like 1

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

Friday Estimates

Aladdin 32

John Wick 6.7

Endgame 4.15

PDP 3.3

Brightburn 2.9

Booksmart 1.65 (True Friday, I don't recall previews)

That Brightburn number is realllly bad.

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

Friday Estimates

Aladdin 32

John Wick 6.7

Endgame 4.15

PDP 3.3

Brightburn 2.9

oof that doesn't sound great for Brightburn, especially considering it did nearly 1M in previews.

Great for Aladdin though. 100M 4-day is definitely in the cards, if not highly probable. 

Just now, DAJK said:

oof that doesn't sound great for Brightburn, especially considering it did nearly 1M in previews.

I think BB played like a DC film. Heavy on previews.

Just now, DAJK said:

Great for Aladdin though. 100M 4-day is definitely in the cards, if not highly probable. 

I think 100mn 4 days is locked. You will get at worse Sunday of 25mn and Saturday of 30mn. Don't think Monday is crashing to 12mn. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think BB played like a DC film. Heavy on previews.

I think 100mn 4 days is locked. You will get at worse Sunday of 25mn and Saturday of 30mn. Don't think Monday is crashing to 12mn. 

Right right, for some reason even though I knew Monday was a holiday I forgot that Sunday would play like a second Saturday lol

I lowballed my Aladdin number for the derby this weekend RIP. Not too surprised its doing better than expected tho. 

Yikes @ that Brightburn number. It's a good thing it only cost $6 mil to make but, still, yikes.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Friday Estimates

Aladdin 32

John Wick 6.7

Endgame 4.15

PDP 3.3

Brightburn 2.9

+ $875K = $2.52M

Edited by sfran43
  • Like 1

Booksmart: Rated R (for strong sexual content and language throughout, drug use and drinking - all involving teens)

Verified User Review from "becki" on Rotten Tomatoes: "Too much vulgarity...didn’t expect that much."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, tawasal said:

All I want is great opening with lengthy legs from 2010-2013 to be back, rather than huge opener with puny legs. 

I don't think that era is coming back. There are 2 paradigm shifts:

1) Internet becoming more prevalent and the increasing influence of social media will accelerate communication, heighten hype, ease the spread of WOM, and assert more peer pressure etc.

2) More sequels being made, and more blockbusters hyping "avoid spoilers".

Thus going forward movies (especially blockbusters) are likely getting more front-loaded and hence less leggy.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1