sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

I can't believe I'm about to say this but at least the Transformers films had a fucking madman making them. 

This is what Disney has wrought. I'm defending Michael Bay

To be fair, Disney brought on Guy Ritchie for this one.  Except his style is so subdued that it might as well have been made by literally anyone else so that point becomes moot

• Like 3

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’ll likely be seeing Aladdin over the weekend. For those who have saw it, is it better than the POS Beauty and The Beast?

Its somewhat better. Scott was worth it for the admission alone.

I'm still convinced though everyone will forget about Aladdin after a few months like what happened with BATB.

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

To be fair, Disney brought on Guy Ritchie for this one.  Except his style is so subdued that it might as well have been made by literally anyone else so that point becomes moot

I'm just curious. You say Aladdin 2019 is bad. Have you seen it already? Or are you just salty that it's not the flop that you're hoping it to become.

Edited by UserHN

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Its somewhat better. Scott was worth it for the admission alone.

I'm still convinced though everyone will forget about Aladdin after a few months like what happened with BATB.

That’s the one good thing about the remakes in that they can’t rely branch off for sequels. Glad to hear Scott slays because I love me some Naomi Scott.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t think we’ll find out for another few weeks if Aladdin is going to be a hit or not. 

The budget is $182m. 

Of course it will be a hit, even with average legs this should be able to do at least $ 600M, should do 3.3 - 3.6x the budget. 

I wish Aladdin go on to do 92mn+ in FSS with a flat Saturday from 31.4mn Friday. As I have said many times. Saturday have been very good this year. The true Friday to Saturday jump on some recent notable films with % of previews to their relative Friday in bracket.

Dumbo: 38% (17%)

Pika: 35% (28%)

John Wick: 19% (26%)

Aladdin will be 22%, its not a big ask to expect 30%. 30% will be 31.7mn Saturday.

On that note,

30 / 93

22.5 / 115.5

10 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Of course it will be a hit, even with average legs this should be able to do at least $ 600M, should do 3.3 - 3.6x the budget. 

I just always thought it would be at least $1bn until the trailer dropped. 

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The Intruder is a WORD OF MOUTH HIT, having weekend drops of -33%, -44%, and now only 23% according to Deadline.  Go Dennis Quaid.

In your face, critics! Lol 

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I wish Aladdin go on to do 92mn+ in FSS with a flat Saturday from 31.4mn Friday. As I have said many times. Saturday have been very good this year. The true Friday to Saturday jump on some recent notable films with % of previews to their relative Friday in bracket.

Dumbo: 38% (17%)

Pika: 35% (28%)

John Wick: 19% (26%)

Aladdin will be 22%, its not a big ask to expect 30%. 30% will be 31.7mn Saturday.

On that note,

30 / 93

22.5 / 115.5

Wouldn't the Saturday bump be deflated a bit by Memorial Day though? From what I remember Panda 2 (mday) had a 41.7% bump compared to Panda 3 (January?) that was in the 70s

Edited by Menor

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not with such mixed reviews 

It's apparently going to be Rob Marshall.

They gonna need a lot of CGI considering 50% of Little Mermaid takes place underwater so until Ariel reaches the surface, we could potentially have a fully digital photoreal mermaid (if they go that direction) amongst other things. Ursula has to be CGI

Edited by Yandereprime101189

2 hours ago, danhtruong5 said:

What is the average saturday bump of EG until now? Is it better than IW?

Weekend 2 - IW +48.4, AE +51.0

Weekend 3 - IW +68.5, AE +70.1

Weekend 4 - IW +75.1, AE +72.7

Weekend 5 = IW +52.9, AE ?

They have been within roughly 2% either way since AE's opening weekend. i wouldn't expect that to change. So 50% on the low end to 55% on the high end, That gives you 6.15 to 6.355 as the likely range for today for AE. FWIW, IW was 6.473. AE's Friday bump being about 115% compared to IW's 121.6 is going to make it hard for AE to match IW's Memorial Day weekend from last year.

7 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

It's apparently going to be Rob Marshall.

They gonna need a lot of CGI considering 50% of Little Mermaid takes place underwater so until Ariel reaches the surface, we could potentially have a fully digital photoreal mermaid (if they go that direction) amongst other things. Ursula has to be CGI

Ursula needs to be oprah

TTVOMJ