sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

21 minutes ago, MagnarTheGreat said:

Initial opening audience demographics for Aladdin

59% female / 41% male
42% non-Hispanic white / 27% Hispanic/Latino / 15% black / 11% Asian / 5% other

See also: Comparisons with other big movies.

I expected it to be female skewing, but 59% surprises me. I was expecting closer to 54-55% personally.

Does anyone remember that BaTB was for the demographics?

I just watched Aladdin, it’s such an entertaining movie, i have no idea how they marketed this so bad with the material they had.

The movie obvious have plenty issues, but it’s like Aquaman, so fun to watch that you just accept the flaws and embrace it.

I would gave it a solid 7.5/10, only behind TJB on my preference. And yes, it’s way better than BATB.

I think the WOM should be really good, on my theater people was really excited when the movie ends, and walking out i hear a lot of “i loved it” or “it’s much better than i expected”.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dakus said:

I expected it to be female skewing, but 59% surprises me. I was expecting closer to 54-55% personally.

Does anyone remember that BaTB was for the demographics?

Per Deadline:

Beauty And The Beast is different from female-skewing predecessors like Hunger Games, in that it’s pulling in attendees who don’t always frequent the movies. How do we know this? Essentially, when there’s a majority of 2D business. In Beauty‘s case, 2D is repping at least 60% of all business. Those who don’t attend the cinema frequently will always go for 2D pricing, while the die-hards opt for Imax, PLF or 3D. Nonetheless, everyone is going to Beauty And The Beast from grandparents to the millennial girls who grew up with the property. That group between ages 18-34 account for close to 70% of Beauty‘s audience according to ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak.

On CinemaScore, 72% females showed up on Friday night, with 55% 25 and up. The under-18 set, who gave the movie an A+, represented close to a third of the audience. Also giving Beauty a perfect score were the under-25 set at 45% and 18-24 (16%).

For the 3-Day OW:

Final Disney reported demos: 60% females, 40% guys with 74% business in 2D

https://deadline.com/2017/03/beauty-and-the-beast-weekend-box-office-selling-out-1202045224/

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MagnarTheGreat said:

Initial opening audience demographics for Aladdin

59% female / 41% male
42% non-Hispanic white / 27% Hispanic/Latino / 15% black / 11% Asian / 5% other

See also: Comparisons with other big movies.

These stats are highly questionable it's also hard to keep track of such stat and I am not even sure if its possible. I live in an area with largely only white and people are coming out for Al' in large groups. It's the same with Black Panther but the only difference is that this one has more nostalgia fan-following from their childhoods. 

People will watch anything that is exciting and highly entertainment based that is the rule for all demographics it's all about having a blast.

It's hard to keep track of moviegoers demographics

Edited by Geo1500
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, jedijake said:

27% Hispanic. That's an interesting stat.

Just a  few % point over the usual 24-25% of the U.S. movie going market that Hispanic/Latino comprise.  It's a shockingly under served demo in terms of n screen representation.

9 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

BATB - 60% for the 3 Day. But  OD was 72% 

Over the first two weeks according to Comscore  in the MPAA report it was a 64/36 split

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

:ohmygod:

We were talking about +80% Sat being nearly impossible, and Brightburn casually pulls a +1100% 😉

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 2

I've just read Olivia Wilde's tweet... Well, if she wants to promove her movie, more power to her. 

However, I don't like when people tell me what should I watch or not. I hope Olivia understands that people will watch whatever they want and not because someone is asking them to do or not. 

I think she's wasting her time. That's it. I have no interest to see her movie, but there are many people interested about it ( I presume ). So, if people want to see her movie, they will see it. No need to worry about it, Olivia. Thanks.