sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm super excited about the next two weeks gaining on last year in a very big way. 

First weekend of June last year had an overall box office total of 106 million. This year, the openers alone should make that. 

Second weekend of June last year had an overall box office total of 120 million. With SLOP and Dark Pheonix opening that weekend, we will also be well above that mark. Nice to see the box office making a strong comeback over the summer!

The early part of June will be good compared to last year. But The Later part this 2019's June will have to compete with likes of Elastigirl and Dinosaurs. And i don't think Toy Story 4 alone can make up for it.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

2 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

The early part of June will be good compared to last year. But The Later part this 2019's June will have to compete with likes of Elastigirl and Dinosaurs. And i don't think Toy Story 4 alone can make up for it.

toys got help.

anigif_sub-buzz-18717-1549851933-1.gif?d

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hades said:

A certain recent release was locked to beat Episode 7 domestic and Avatar worldwide ....:ty:

I never saw anyone say TFA was locked... At least on a certain other box office forum people were very hesitant about saying that

Avatar WW is another thing, it was hard not to get excited haha

6 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

But you have to remember that holdovers did next to nothing by the time I2 opened because the previous weeks were so weak. 

Holdovers this year will be much higher and help make up for some of the deficit.

Overall, June should still come out ahead this year compared to last year.

Even if it takes a re-release to beat Avatar so what? Avatar was in the box office for what felt like years and had one as well. Disney will do it because why not? 

No guarantee Avatar 2 beats the original. In fact it's easy to see it doing worse.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

What if Godzilla stays on the low end of tracking and Aladdin repeats as #1 next weekend? :jeb!:

What if Godzilla hits the high end of tracking AND Aladdin repeats a #1 next weekend? 

"you mustn't be afraid to dream bigger" :P

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

What if Godzilla stays on the low end of tracking and Aladdin repeats as #1 next weekend? :jeb!:

The Forum would crash so many times it would cease to exist. Aladdin is doing max 40 next weekend, and no way Godzilla goes below 45

• Like 1