baumer

Well you called down the thunder, now you got it! The Lion King under 1.1 billion World Wide club (The thunder strikes back...dead club after three days)

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Child, I'd feel the same if WB did a live action Lego Movie remake or if Paramount did a Rango remake or if Universal did live action Shrek. Especially if the crew is condescending about the classics when this is a wholly animated film no matter how realistic.

WB has a ton of reshash trashy awful 3rd remake of crap. Lol child I'm 34.

Just one more film that the members here are way over estimating....been a trend all year.

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

Just one more film that the members here are way over estimating....been a trend all year.

But Baumer, we’ve had 3 2B films in just 3.5 years. Surely that means that huge numbers are easy now ;) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, baumer said:

Perhaps or you are massively underestimating of the most popular Disney products ever with continued support for an immensely popular broadway for ages.

Curious to see what ticket sales look like tomorrow in comparison to TS4.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

But Baumer, we’ve had 3 2B films in just 3.5 years. Surely that means that huge numbers are easy now ;) 

Even if it's being overestimated by some (I know I'm leading the pack and driving the bandwagon) there is no way it's coming in below $1.1 billion worldwide. Jurassic World would be my "realistic" target.

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Even if it's being overestimated by some (I know I'm leading the pack and driving the bandwagon) there is no way it's coming in below $1.1 billion worldwide. Jurassic World would be my "realistic" target.

Well, I am OUT of this club, but I’d be totally unsurprised at below Ultron. Maybe I’ll change my tune in 20 hours though 😛 

Weren’t people saying to not compare TLK to Aladdin, but know they are comparing it to TS4? Sure that makes sense 😂

Anyway hope the ticket sales start strong tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Weren’t people saying to not compare TLK to Aladdin, but know they are comparing it to TS4? Sure that makes sense 😂

Anyway hope the ticket sales start strong tomorrow. 

You can make the comp, but things are a little different because Aladdin came out on a non-summer (mostly), holiday weekend. TS4 and TLK are both coming out on non-holiday, summer weekends. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

This trend was caused by many members' underestimation of Endgame (pre-OW). The box office requires correcting. The universal scales tip toward balance with these films' sacrifice.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

You can make the comp, but things are a little different because Aladdin came out on a non-summer (mostly), holiday weekend. TS4 and TLK are both coming out on non-holiday, summer weekends. 

That’s true but Toy Story (at least this latest one) is not a musical and those seem to be one of the genres that has been over performing at the box office worldwide lately. 

Edit - Also with the Toy Story vs Aladdin comp I wasn’t only referring to OW. 

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

That’s true but Toy Story (at least this latest one) is not a musical and those seem to be one of the genres that has been over performing at the box office worldwide lately. 

Edit - Also with the Toy Story vs Aladdin comp I wasn’t only referring to OW. 

In the end, nothing is perfect. I'm looking at an amalgam of BATB/Jungle Book/Aladdin/Incredibles 2/TS4 to try to extrapolate data. Also looking a bit at Infinity War and JW-FK. I would say Endgame as well, but it's almost literally too big to be a useful comp.

• Like 2

Can’t wait for this club to die very quickly and start teabagging it as quickly as possible.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

In the end, nothing is perfect. I'm looking at an amalgam of BATB/Jungle Book/Aladdin/Incredibles 2/TS4 to try to extrapolate data. Also looking a bit at Infinity War and JW-FK. I would say Endgame as well, but it's almost literally too big to be a useful comp.

Yeah it’s going to be a hard one to compare to past films especially for opening weekend, maybe one we an audience breakdown of gender and age it may be a little easier to compare to other movies for legs.

But films that open huge are always tough to compare, I remember when TFA opened to around $250 million most thought it lets were going to be bad compared to most other December openers because “everyone” had already seen it. Hopefully TLK puts up some exciting numbers, it’ll be interesting watching the tracking thread tomorrow, and I’ll have to keep an eye on ticket sales in my part of the world. 

Edited by Jamiem

If Jungle Book can nearly touch a billion, I don't see how this misses a little more than a billion. My niece isn't even 5 yet, and she knows the songs to the film better than I do.

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Fandango Pulse sales for the first hour of TLK are 6 times higher than they were for the first hour of TS4.

Even with bad exchange rates, I don't see it falling under 1.1 billies. It should open massively pretty much everywhere, so even with only modest legs from the true global opening weekend it should cross $1.1b easily.

So... out.

I respect the boldness @baumer, but yeah this isn't happening. This will be one of the few movies outside superheroes and Star Wars that classifies as a mega event.

6 hours ago, JB33 said:

I respect the boldness @baumer, but yeah this isn't happening. This will be one of the few movies outside superheroes and Star Wars that classifies as a mega event.

I agree it will be a mega hit.  A billion dollars is a lot of money.