Jump to content
baumer

Well you called down the thunder, now you got it! The Lion King under 1.1 billion World Wide club (The thunder strikes back...dead club after three days)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Child, I'd feel the same if WB did a live action Lego Movie remake or if Paramount did a Rango remake or if Universal did live action Shrek. Especially if the crew is condescending about the classics when this is a wholly animated film no matter how realistic.

WB has a ton of reshash trashy awful 3rd remake of crap. Lol child I'm 34.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one more film that the members here are way over estimating....been a trend all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, baumer said:

Just one more film that the members here are way over estimating....been a trend all year.

But Baumer, we’ve had 3 2B films in just 3.5 years. Surely that means that huge numbers are easy now ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, baumer said:

Just one more film that the members here are way over estimating....been a trend all year.

Perhaps or you are massively underestimating of the most popular Disney products ever with continued support for an immensely popular broadway for ages.

 

Curious to see what ticket sales look like tomorrow in comparison to TS4.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

But Baumer, we’ve had 3 2B films in just 3.5 years. Surely that means that huge numbers are easy now ;) 

 

Even if it's being overestimated by some (I know I'm leading the pack and driving the bandwagon) there is no way it's coming in below $1.1 billion worldwide. Jurassic World would be my "realistic" target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

 

Even if it's being overestimated by some (I know I'm leading the pack and driving the bandwagon) there is no way it's coming in below $1.1 billion worldwide. Jurassic World would be my "realistic" target.

Well, I am OUT of this club, but I’d be totally unsurprised at below Ultron. Maybe I’ll change my tune in 20 hours though 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weren’t people saying to not compare TLK to Aladdin, but know they are comparing it to TS4? Sure that makes sense 😂

 

Anyway hope the ticket sales start strong tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Weren’t people saying to not compare TLK to Aladdin, but know they are comparing it to TS4? Sure that makes sense 😂

 

Anyway hope the ticket sales start strong tomorrow. 

 

You can make the comp, but things are a little different because Aladdin came out on a non-summer (mostly), holiday weekend. TS4 and TLK are both coming out on non-holiday, summer weekends. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baumer said:

Just one more film that the members here are way over estimating....been a trend all year.

This trend was caused by many members' underestimation of Endgame (pre-OW). The box office requires correcting. The universal scales tip toward balance with these films' sacrifice.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

 

You can make the comp, but things are a little different because Aladdin came out on a non-summer (mostly), holiday weekend. TS4 and TLK are both coming out on non-holiday, summer weekends. 

That’s true but Toy Story (at least this latest one) is not a musical and those seem to be one of the genres that has been over performing at the box office worldwide lately. 

 

Edit - Also with the Toy Story vs Aladdin comp I wasn’t only referring to OW. 

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

That’s true but Toy Story (at least this latest one) is not a musical and those seem to be one of the genres that has been over performing at the box office worldwide lately. 

 

Edit - Also with the Toy Story vs Aladdin comp I wasn’t only referring to OW. 

 

In the end, nothing is perfect. I'm looking at an amalgam of BATB/Jungle Book/Aladdin/Incredibles 2/TS4 to try to extrapolate data. Also looking a bit at Infinity War and JW-FK. I would say Endgame as well, but it's almost literally too big to be a useful comp.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t wait for this club to die very quickly and start teabagging it as quickly as possible.

  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

 

In the end, nothing is perfect. I'm looking at an amalgam of BATB/Jungle Book/Aladdin/Incredibles 2/TS4 to try to extrapolate data. Also looking a bit at Infinity War and JW-FK. I would say Endgame as well, but it's almost literally too big to be a useful comp.

Yeah it’s going to be a hard one to compare to past films especially for opening weekend, maybe one we an audience breakdown of gender and age it may be a little easier to compare to other movies for legs.

 

But films that open huge are always tough to compare, I remember when TFA opened to around $250 million most thought it lets were going to be bad compared to most other December openers because “everyone” had already seen it. Hopefully TLK puts up some exciting numbers, it’ll be interesting watching the tracking thread tomorrow, and I’ll have to keep an eye on ticket sales in my part of the world. 

Edited by Jamiem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jungle Book can nearly touch a billion, I don't see how this misses a little more than a billion. My niece isn't even 5 yet, and she knows the songs to the film better than I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Fandango Pulse sales for the first hour of TLK are 6 times higher than they were for the first hour of TS4.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with bad exchange rates, I don't see it falling under 1.1 billies. It should open massively pretty much everywhere, so even with only modest legs from the true global opening weekend it should cross $1.1b easily.

 

So... out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I respect the boldness @baumer, but yeah this isn't happening. This will be one of the few movies outside superheroes and Star Wars that classifies as a mega event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JB33 said:

I respect the boldness @baumer, but yeah this isn't happening. This will be one of the few movies outside superheroes and Star Wars that classifies as a mega event.

 

I agree it will be a mega hit.  A billion dollars is a lot of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.