charlie Jatinder

Tuesday (5/28) Numbers

2 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Endgame’s number looks good too. Better than the ~62% drop of IW. 

Depends on where it lands, if it lands at 1.8, then it's actually worse than IW's drop, it would be a 65% drop. 1.9 then yeah slightly better drop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since I got threadbanned from the weekend thread, I'll post my weekend thought here:

Well, as I kinda figured, I way overpredicted both Brightburn and Booksmart. I should have known, but I went for broke and figured the internal multipliers from their previews would be much better.

As for Tuesday, the Aladdin number is showing the opening weekend could have been much bigger if marketing didn't throw people off. It's going to do well over the rest of the week and next weekend.

I saw Aladdin tonight, it's quite well done. 

I can see why it's such a crowd pleaser. 

I guess I'm the only one who thought Jafar was actually quite well done. 

A little subdued but sinister. I don't get all the hate for him... oh well.

• Like 4

It's 1st cheap Tuesday with a family movie...tomorrow should tell more for Aladdin (although now there are significant school systems out in Florida and other areas, so the weekday death knell for family movies should be lessening...and be even weaker after this weekend)...

• Like 1

Amazing Tuesday number for Aladdin. That opens a possibility for a 12-13m 2nd Friday and perhaps even a 45-50m 2nd weekend. Depends on Wednesday drop and Godzilla PLF buffet... but a sub 50% drop from a holiday weekend would be crazy.

• Like 1

Screw it. I'm randomly going to go see a 10:20 showing of Aladdin. I can't wait anymore and plus I have so many movies to see I may as well save some money and go on cheap day.

Will share my thoughts on the other side!

Edited by JB33
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 2

52 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Its not Tuesday drop that's bad, the Sunday and Monday were already down from IW. At this rate 850 is dead.

You lack confidence, son. We are still far from the actual Summer legs kicking in, Endgame is doing fine as long as it keeps close to IW. Freaking out every time it goes a bit below IW won’t change the fact that once Summer starts going, it will get better legs than IW. It is expected, due to the nature of the film itself. As long as we are veering close to IW, it is fine. The film been 3 hours long comes with a price, but it’ll be just fine by the end.

• Like 1

Problem for end game is screens. it will start to shed them very fast starting this weekend. This weekend at an average it will have 1 small screen and its out of Top 5. Next week with 2 more releases it will be around 3K screens. I dont know if TS4 will help Endgame or will there be TS4/Aladdin listings at drive-ins.

I am sure Disney will re-expand endgame but that will happen only in August once Summer releases wind down. Thankfully there are no major releases in August. I dont see Hobbs and Shaw grossing more than 150m domestic. There I can see Disney expanding Endgame back to 3K+ theaters and may be even get back iMax engagements?

For now its trending towards 850m finish domestic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Problem for end game is screens. it will start to shed them very fast starting this weekend. This weekend at an average it will have 1 small screen and its out of Top 5. Next week with 2 more releases it will be around 3K screens. I dont know if TS4 will help Endgame or will there be TS4/Aladdin listings at drive-ins.

I am sure Disney will re-expand endgame but that will happen only in August once Summer releases wind down. Thankfully there are no major releases in August. I dont see Hobbs and Shaw grossing more than 150m domestic. There I can see Disney expanding Endgame back to 3K+ theaters and may be even get back iMax engagements?

For now its trending towards 850m finish domestic.

3000 theater expansion, lol, will never happen, and no domestic record to break