Eric Atreides

Best Picture Winner Parasite l October 11, 2019 (limited) l Neon l Palme d'Or winner from Bong Joon-ho

13 hours ago, belblazer said:

BuS5l3U.png

Worldwide boxoffice is $300mn. South Korea theatrical SHARE itself will be $35mn. 

I don't know how they come on $26mn Global theatrical or $50mn Foreign Sales.

Taking $70mn cost as Deadline estimated. We don't know what was agreement between the producer & distributor. Accounting will be much more different from Hollywood accounting.

• Like 1

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

Worldwide boxoffice is $300mn. South Korea theatrical SHARE itself will be $35mn. 

Taking $70mn cost as Deadline estimated. We don't know what was agreement between the producer & distributor. Accounting will be much more different from Hollywood accounting.

CJ Entertainment likely sold distrubution rights everywhere outside of SK. Deadline's revenue estimate only includes the revenue from just the DOM boxoffice where CJ Entertainment sold full rights to the movie to Neon but not the SK boxoffice revenue where CJ Entertainment well get revenue from the SK gross. 

You're right that theatrical gross would be 35 mil but other than that, it looks fine to me. Foreign sales being 50 mil sounds about right to me considering that Neon didn't know how much of a big boxoffice hit Parasite would be back when they started selling the movie to other studios.

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

CJ Entertainment likely sold distribution rights everywhere outside of SK. Deadline's revenue estimate only includes the revenue from just the DOM boxoffice where CJ Entertainment sold full rights to the movie to Neon but not the SK boxoffice revenue where CJ Entertainment well get revenue from the SK gross. 

You're right that theatrical gross would be 35 mil but other than that, it looks fine to me. Foreign sales being 50 mil sounds about right to me considering that Neon didn't know how much of a big boxoffice hit Parasite would be back when they started selling the movie to other studios.

Yeah exactly. The accounting for film need to be different from the Hollywood films they do. For direct producers, cost won't be that high. It will be much lower since they didn't incur the cost to release the film except for regular markets.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 5:45 PM, jatvision said:

I don't know how your USD300m claim can be verified. 300m is a giant unprecedented milestone for a south Korean film but I see zero news on this from Neon or CJ entertainment. it is very unlikely I guess they didn't bother to highlight this achievement.

On 3/9/2020 at 2:10 PM, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

Parasite Worldwide: $290.0mn+ (estimate trough 3/19/20)

Asia & Oceania : $141.3mn

South Korea: $73.2mn

Japan: $41.0 mn

Taiwan: $5.0 mn

Vietnam: $3.2mn 

Australia & NZ: $4.2mn

Hong Kong: $2.2mn

Russia: $3.1 mn

Indonesia: $1.5mn

Thailand: $1.5mn

Singapore: $0.8mn

India: $0.6mn

South East Asia: $5.0mn

Europe : $76.3mn

France: $15.5mn

UK: $15.7mn

Germany: $9.4mn

Spain: $9.1mn

Italy: $6.3mn

Netherlands: $4.1mn

Switzerland: $1.7mn

Norway: $2.1mn

Denmark: $1.3mn

Finland: $1.1mn

Belgium: $1.1mn

Greece: $0.8mn

Turkey: $1.1mn

Others: $7.0mn

Latin America : $17.2mn

Mexico: $7.8mn

Brazil: $4.1mn

Colombia: $1.6mn

Argentina: $1.3mn

Chile: $0.7mn

Central American: $0.7mn

Others: $1.0mn

North America : $53.5mn

Others: $2.0mn

Top 5 markets:

1. South Korea

2. USA

3. Japan

4. UK

5. France

Projected worldwide total: 293-5 million $

This is my old estimate from my old account. I believe we’re looking at 290-5 million $ total. Maybe 290 million $ is safer due to covid.