Eric Karga

Best Picture Winner Parasite l October 11, 2019 (limited) l Neon l Palme d'Or winner from Bong Joon-ho

13 hours ago, belblazer said:

BuS5l3U.png

Worldwide boxoffice is $300mn. South Korea theatrical SHARE itself will be $35mn. 

I don't know how they come on $26mn Global theatrical or $50mn Foreign Sales.

Taking $70mn cost as Deadline estimated. We don't know what was agreement between the producer & distributor. Accounting will be much more different from Hollywood accounting.

• Like 1

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

Worldwide boxoffice is $300mn. South Korea theatrical SHARE itself will be $35mn. 

I don't know how they come on $26mn Global theatrical or $50mn Foreign Sales.

Taking $70mn cost as Deadline estimated. We don't know what was agreement between the producer & distributor. Accounting will be much more different from Hollywood accounting.

CJ Entertainment likely sold distrubution rights everywhere outside of SK. Deadline's revenue estimate only includes the revenue from just the DOM boxoffice where CJ Entertainment sold full rights to the movie to Neon but not the SK boxoffice revenue where CJ Entertainment well get revenue from the SK gross. 

You're right that theatrical gross would be 35 mil but other than that, it looks fine to me. Foreign sales being 50 mil sounds about right to me considering that Neon didn't know how much of a big boxoffice hit Parasite would be back when they started selling the movie to other studios.

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

CJ Entertainment likely sold distribution rights everywhere outside of SK. Deadline's revenue estimate only includes the revenue from just the DOM boxoffice where CJ Entertainment sold full rights to the movie to Neon but not the SK boxoffice revenue where CJ Entertainment well get revenue from the SK gross. 

You're right that theatrical gross would be 35 mil but other than that, it looks fine to me. Foreign sales being 50 mil sounds about right to me considering that Neon didn't know how much of a big boxoffice hit Parasite would be back when they started selling the movie to other studios.

Yeah exactly. The accounting for film need to be different from the Hollywood films they do. For direct producers, cost won't be that high. It will be much lower since they didn't incur the cost to release the film except for regular markets.

I was conflicted about whether to wait to get it on criterion but I'm glad i didn't what an ugly cover.

18 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

I was conflicted about whether to wait to get it on criterion but I'm glad i didn't what an ugly cover.

This one has a small scale re-release in my country after cinema reopen