Eric Atreides

Best Picture Winner Parasite l October 11, 2019 (limited) l Neon l Palme d'Or winner from Bong Joon-ho

15 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Which Oscar nominations does this have the best shot at? Foreign Language Picture, Best Picture, Best Director and Best Editing?

Those 4 yeah. Production Design too but I don't think it's flashy enough to actually get the nom.

• Like 1

Finally saw it and it floored me. I think most of Bong's movies are great and all of them are at least good and interesting but this one might be his best. I'll just place it top-3 for now but OMG what a movie.

It's definately a crowdpleaser but I still find difficult to believe that it's widely predicted to be a top5 oscar movie. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Ugh, I knew it! Though there's a clarification that nothing formal is in place for a remake right now. As I watched, I tried to push out of my mind that this was sure to get an English language remake set in California, probably Silicon Valley. 

To be fair, that was back in July. Now that the movie is becoming something of a box office success here and about to receive a lot of awards love, I'm not sure the drive will be there (at least as much) for this to receive the American remake treatment.

• Like 2

I am happy to see parasite do so well here both at the box office and award circuit , I am sure Neon didn't spend like crazy lot for its Oscar campaign like how Netflix did for Roma. To see this film proving that cinematic experience worked is just so satisfying, the way of how Roma break through can also achieved by traditional way.

I am sure parasite will give Neon some return that Roma will very unlikely to give to Netflix.    

• Like 5

Imagine thinking the best movie of the year happens in a house and an appartment and could basically be a  theater play.

Imagine thinking the best movie of the year has so many coincidences and plot holes people are confusing it with smart & bold writing.

Imagine the state of cinephalia circa 2020.

Imagine it.

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Imagine thinking the best movie of the year happens in a house and an appartment and could basically be a  theater play.

Imagine thinking the best movie of the year has so many coincidences and plot holes people are confusing it with smart & bold writing.

Imagine it.

You need to get laid.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

33 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Imagine it.

Number one film Worldwide of all time baby

according to The-Numbers:

1 Gisaengchung $4,310,334,837

Yes I know this is incorrect and The Numbers will fix it eventually, but imagine if it was true it would be the most deserving film to be number one as it’s easily the best film this year. 

Also made $4B in NZ guess they finally counted how many people I got to see this and how many times I watched it myself 😏

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

How the hell is this movie still hanging around? It placed 12th for the weekend with $481,485 in only 227 theatres.

hmm, i think it's because It Rules.

it was too limited a release to get a Cinemascore but imo it's not far fetched to imagine it would've gotten an A+. even beyond the arthouse crowd everyone who sees it seems to be super into it.

22 hours ago, JB33 said:

How the hell is this movie still hanging around? It placed 12th for the weekend with $481,485 in only 227 theatres.

Because it’s that damn great. ;)

Really, though, I’m not surprised that it continues to hold up really well at the locations that are still playing it. I assume most of those places are arthouse cinemas and this movie has been generating crazy-high enthusiasm from film buffs.