VenomXXR

Disney 5 x 500 Club - 5 Films over $500m DOM

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

I'll take that bet. I see 3 or 4 that I think can go over $350m.

I can see 3 (Onward, Mulan, Eternals) with chances but none over $400M DOM.

Guess I might as well go in. Didn't think TS4 could do it but if all signs point to 150+, I have no choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deja23 said:

Hmmm...I’m not sure about TS4 getting that high. I’d be in if it was $400-450m though. 

See the Toy Story tracking and presales news after posting this. Still Out, but this is more possible than I expected. Didn’t think TS4 would have bigger presales than I2 or be tracking $150m OW. 

In.

I think there is a chance all 5 could go over 600 but maybe Toy Story and Lion King being so close would stop that from happening. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Only 2 I see as possibilities are Mulan (but I'm expecting Aladdin numbers) or Onward (but more Zootopia numbers best case scenario)

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Only 2 I see as possibilities are Mulan (but I'm expecting Aladdin numbers) or Onward (but more Zootopia numbers best case scenario)

I think Eternals can do it, and we have another Pixar film (supposedly).

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Zero movies over 350? Disney isn't WB come on now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Endgame numbers got you all dreaming big.  You do realize only 13 movies have ever crossed the 500m mark!?  Toy Story will probably have the hardest time, maybe ending up somewhere along the lines of Finding Dory #'s.  

With that being said....IN! :bop:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Zero movies over 350? Disney isn't WB come on now.

Mind you that American Sniper, a WB film, was the biggest DOM film of 2014, when the slate was arguably as weak as 2020.

In.  The one I'm worried about is TS4, I think TLK, Frozen 2 and TROS all get there.

I am... sitting on this fence for now. Let me know when the close date is and I’ll have a decision by then.     

5x555 is a pretty sexy looking bonus, not that crazy either.

• Like 1

I'm OUT. I think people are overestimating TS4 based off early pre-sales. It seems a big ask for two animated movies to do 500M in 2019 when only a year ago there was no such thing. That being said the other three are looking good. I'm most iffy on Star Wars given the reception of The Last Jedi and Solo's performance, but we'll see how things are looking closer to release date. If I had to guess now:

TS4- 130M/450M 
TROS- 175M/560M 
TLK- 195M/570M
Frozen 2- 190M/640M 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jim Shorts said:

Endgame numbers got you all dreaming big.  You do realize only 13 movies have ever crossed the 500m mark!?  Toy Story will probably have the hardest time, maybe ending up somewhere along the lines of Finding Dory #'s.  

Finding Dory made 486 million in 2016, which adjusts to 505 million in 2019.... so it's not really that big of a stretch if you think it can do Dory's numbers...

Edited by VanillaSkies

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jim Shorts said:

True. 

Movies like Endgame breakouts come around once every 2-3 decades perhaps even once every half a century. It's not a normal movie that can be measured to other top movies who are 1-billion movies. Like TLK, Frozen etc etc

Edited by Geo1500