sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Btw just watched KOTM for the fourth time and its still the best movie of all time.

If you disagree, pls dont reply, i dont care at all :D

How many people in the theater? 

Just now, Cookson said:

How many people in the theater? 

Around 250-300 (726 seats). Audience seemed to enjoy it, especially the 3rd act.

But it was the largest auditorium in the cinema i go to, that one is always quite busy on Friday nights, relatively regardless of the movie. Overall though, Godzilla isnt doing all too well here unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Thinking Elgort and Kitsch are good actors and thinking Pattinson is a bad actor.  Do you know what acting is?

Elgort was good in Baby Driver; but he seems to have fallen off the radar as of late, apart from some weird Instagram thing recently. He could be a much bigger star if his next major role delivers at the box office.

As for Kitsch, he was very good in his season of True Detective a few years back. Unfortunately, his movie career has stumbled as seems to play the pretty boy and not much else. Savages was good but he's had nothing worth remembering, apart from that bathtub scene in Battleship.

I have no idea why WB opted for Pattinson when Hoult, a better actor, was also up for the role. The poor performance of Tolkien may have factored in this decision, though.

6 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Does anyone know if the characters from Skull Island will be in Godzilla vs Kong?

There will be King Kong

Spoiler

who will swing his massive ding dong to please David Ehrlich

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, RyneOh1040 said:

I think I'm the most shook by 20 million for MA.

That is a a FANTASTIC number.  Blumhouse has become text book for these kind of films.

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

20 Ma

Whew, $20m would be great. 

What is also a pleasant surprise is that audience breakdown. Almost even over/under 25 and Male/female. 

These really aren’t great numbers for Rocketman are they? It was tracking at $40 million forever. Then they lowered it at the end to $30 million. Now it looks like low 20s. 

Yo.... I’ve been waiting 5 freaking years for this Godzilla sequel. Watching it FINALLY in a few hours. Whatever it does at the box office is beyond my control... hopefully WOM and legs prevail, but I’m going to sit down and enjoy this and not think about it! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Also, what is Deadline smoking thinking that $43m for Aladdin is a 47% drop? More like -53%. 

Oh they've been smoking some strong stuff over there ever since Nikke Finke left. Now those were the golden days of Deadline, when you got 10 updates a night from Nikke and she actually knew what she was writing about.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I have no idea why WB opted for Pattinson when Hoult, a better actor, was also up for the role. The poor performance of Tolkien may have factored in this decision, though.

Are you kidding me? 

Pattinson is much better than Hoult. 

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

5 PM Pulse still seems to suggest around 13, again could see 12-14 but not 17.7 like Deadline is saying. I'm pretty sure their numbers will go down

Have you done Pulse tracking before? If so, how accurate does it tend to be?