sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

18 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

*Implying Dark Phoenix will actually make money

*whispers back* Godzilla won't be making any money either without those premium formats.  It's silly to dismiss Phoenix's OW; movie will be frontloaded, and any chance at dough will come in the first Five Days.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Godzilla said:

I think a 55-60% drop would be excellent. I’m predicting a 62% drop. 

It depends on both Godzillas' WOM and Dark Phoenix performance i think.

Honestly, Dark Phoenix is such a weird movie BO-wise to me. X-Men has a large fan base, but the presales seem very bad, it has a very low theater count for a CBM and i dont feel any buzz for it at all.

22 minutes ago, doublejack said:

No, not really. In 1992 Leo was not even 20. Pattinson is 33. Leo was on the rise. Pattinson is all he'll ever be.

This is the key difference. By 2001 Leo had already been nominated for several prestigious awards. Pattinson, on the other hand, has some Razzie cred and that's it.

I just can't believe Pattinson is going to be the next Batman. It is like the people at DC are trying to self immolate after seeing what Endgame did.

Pattinson has put together a pretty outstanding resume over the last 5+ years. Rover, Maps, Lost City of Z, Cosmopolis, Good Time. Dude's been killing it. Lighthouse is up next.

- That Downey guy's Iron Man? You're kidding, right?

- Ledger? What? The Joker? No way. 

- Keaton!?! He's Batman!?!?! Bullshit, right???

We've heard this stuff before.

There's this too... http://collider.com/galleries/famous-actors-razzie-awards/

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

It depends on both Godzillas' WOM and Dark Phoenix performance i think.

Honestly, Dark Phoenix is such a weird movie BO-wise to me. X-Men has a large fan base, but the presales seem very bad, it has a very low theater count for a CBM and i dont feel any buzz for it at all.

X-men fans know that this is a lame duck, and GA is just not interested probably due to poor buzz.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Pattinson has put together a pretty outstanding resume over the last 5+ years. Rover, Maps, Lost City of Z, Cosmopolis, Good Time. Dude's been killing it. Lighthouse is up next.

- That Downey guy's Iron Man? You're kidding, right?

- Ledger? What? The Joker? No way. 

- Keaton!?! He's Batman!?!?! Bullshit, right???

We've heard this stuff before.

There are bunch of folks here whose knowledge ends with blockbuster movies. Just have to google it. He has bunch of indie awards nominations and has excited folks being cast as Batman.

Anyway this is not just Batman. Nolan cast him for Tenet and he did not do that after watching Twilight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Not worthy of those reaction. :lol:

You'll note I didn't leave one. ;)

(Also wasn't worthy of continuing my quoted post chain about something being beneath my notice that you might be aware of. :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I managed to not care about the box office regarding this movie. Its my wet dream come to life, its everything i thought i was never gonna see. So even though id like the MonsterVerse to continue after GvK, the pure fact that KOTM exists is enough for me.

Ofc, id really like to see it overcoming the negative trends that it showed so far in the WW Box office, but some things are just out of one mans control.

That audience score on RT is really satisfying. Seeing so many people liking the movie despite the critics for both Aladdin and KOTM in a row is just amazing and the biggest FU ever to them. 

It doesn't matter if Dark Phoenix flops or not. It's the last Fox- X-Men movie anyway.

Disney is only releasing it because it has to be released. Disney has made a lot of money, so Dark Phoenix's possible failure won't hurt them at all. 

I'll watch it and hopefully it'll be fine. 

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

That audience score on RT is really satisfying. Seeing so many people liking the movie despite the critics for both Aladdin and KOTM in a row is just amazing and the biggest FU ever to them. 

Im usually more in the camp who defends the critics but Aladdin and now seemingly also Godzilla are just two examples of a bunch of movies recently, where the critics ... just seem totally out of touch with the GA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You'll note I didn't leave one. ;)

(Also wasn't worthy of continuing my quoted post chain about something being beneath my notice that you might be aware of. :ph34r:)

If you have seen Endgame and know about

Spoiler

CM's fight agianst Thanos. 

This moment or post felt like the 

Spoiler

Headbutt that Thanos tried on CM and she didn't flinch.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im usually more in the camp who defends the critics but Aladdin and now seemingly also Godzilla are just two examples of a bunch of movies recently, where the critics ... just seem totally out of touch with the GA.

That's why I always stick to IMDB and RT audience score more than critics, when I am evaluating on if I should see a movie.

• Like 1

Just now, Yandereprime101189 said:

How's big G looking?

Deadline says 24M Friday, which would mean a 60M+ OW, which would be very very good.

But its Deadline so ... well we dont know anything basically :D

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Deadline says 24M Friday, which would mean a 60M+ OW, which would be very very good.

But its Deadline so ... well we dont know anything basically :D

Guess if they're wrong we can say

History shows again and again how Deadline screws up and overpredict films

Edited by Yandereprime101189

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just begging for the "Not Cool" or Apoc reactions there, eh?

I would only beg for a long, fruitful life with many pleasures and much success. Luckily, it's going well so far. I'm not entirely sure what an "apoc" is, but it's not something I'd beg or even ask for. It doesn't sound particularly compelling. I do think my posts are rather "cool" though. A "not cool" reaction would be a strange result, but I cannot control how people respond or react to my posts. There is so much in life we cannot control. Just like Warner Bros and Legendary were unable to control the level of of interest for Godzilla 2019. A shame, for them.