sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

really impressed that even though the people who are criticizing pattinson's casting surely know they're gonna be made fun of in two years like the folks who criticized Ledger, they're persisting with it anyway. very brave on their part.

Pattinson is a very good actor but his best roles are that of wormy, scum of the earth type of characters (Good Life, The Lighthouse, High Life, The Rover etc.). I think it is a valid to wonder if he has the Bale or Affleck type of screen presence to play Bruce Wayne. 

Just now, Minnale101 said:

IT 2 will probably be warner bros biggest movie this year 

2020 and 2021. They are stacked with big movies 

so they should be fine

doubt it,  there is that one movie starring a Batman villain...

The May tentpoles will likely get a partial reprieve next weekend if Godzilla's Friday projection and weekend projections hold...it will be very easy to drop last weekend's killer B's and all extra screens Godzilla got this weekend to fit in the 2 new movies, which don't look like they'll need more than 3 screens at 12s and below (2 for Pets and 1 for Dark Phoenix)...

Edit - Unfortunately, we finally are getting the underperforming weekend that lets holdovers breathe and have a reprieve...hopefully, next weekend is not 2 for 2, but it's not starting this week looking good...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

History shows again and again how Deadline screws up and overpredicts.

Spoiler

Oooooh nooo, there goes opening week. Oh shit Godzilla! (hopefully not though)

You know, it's also really funny how Aladdin the one many put down or underpredicted ended up having the biggest opening weekend in May. That's a humble pie slice.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

As a warner bros fanboy.

if you told me detective Pikachu + Godzilla = Aladdin WW in early May

i would have said 

stephen a smith weed GIF

But that’s what gonna happen 😅

Disney is having a year. That I don’t think will be broken for next 20 years 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1