sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

Well KOTM was supposed to originally release last summer. Ironically I think it would have done better there. It sucks, but oh wells. I'm just glad I enjoyed it and at least we're guaranteed one more Godzilla before its over. 

Also just saw Rocketman and really liked it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

No, it isn't. How did the other hunger games sequels do? Catching Fire is like the only example from the last 10 years of success there

New Moon, Deathly Hallows 1, Breaking Dawn 1, and Breaking Dawn 2. Boom!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

There is no much left on the SH.

The anime adaptation is almost over and Star wars movies are down.

Just Avatar sequels and some new Pixar is left. 

Unless we keep viewing the same recicle over and over again 

You really think the Phase 4 MCU movies will all suddenly falter? Lol

Just now, BoxOfficeZ said:

Well KOTM was supposed to originally release last summer. Ironically I think it would have done better there. It sucks, but oh wells. I'm just glad I enjoyed it and at least we're guaranteed one more Godzilla before its over. 

Also just saw Rocketman and really liked it. 

If GvK works, we'll see more of it. 

It's still 2 successful movies vs one potential unsuccessful one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Disney has basically a monopoly on the strong release dates and thats really hurting others studios. That they continue to crank quality films and aren't shooting themselves in the foot is really hurting others too.

WB is really getting screwed with the release dates. They're settling for all the garbage dates behind Disney. Justice League and both Fantastic Beats were severely hurt by the hideous November opening, the post memorial day one is no different.

That's the same release date which has seen multiple movies have huge BO, many potter films, New Moon, Catching Fire etc. Justice League and Fantastic beasts were not good enough to make bank. Release date is not the problem.

IT broke out Yuge in September. We have had breakouts almost every month. So release date is not a problem unless you are releasing around a uber event like endgame.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Same CinemaScore that Zilla 2014 got...Legs weren't good in 2014, they won't be this year. 

It's also the same CS Skull Island got and that one had a 2.75x multi against the BatB remake 🤷‍♂️

• Astonished 1