sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

2 hours ago, Juby said:
  6 Avengers: Endgame Dis 3,105 (-705) $2M (-52%) $7.3M (-58%) $815M 6

So Endgame is going to drop over 50% as I said many times. I was right.

giphy.gif

No lets see if I was right with under $8M OS weekend. :ph34r:

Who gives a flying f***? O.O OOOH!! I said its gonna be a saturday today xD WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

TTVOMJ

• ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm just hoping that Dark Pheonix does worse so that the focus goes away from Godzilla. That would be great to watch.

One films demise is better than others? I dont like sansa forehead of the destroy all media the second she appears either, but thats just childlike

TTVOMJ

24 minutes ago, Firepower said:

And Solo made less than 200 OS. TFA result doesn't matter at this point.

yea, no way that TROS ever makes 1B OS or even close. TLJ's 700M is the highest it can go. Dead in Asia minus Japan, dead in Latam. It needs to overperform in Europe, Oz/NZ, and Japan to match TLJ. UK will contribute with over 100M (both TFA and TLj crossed the mark easily) so 600M to go.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cookson said:

How does Legendary even stay afloat.. lol

anyway hopefully GvsKong can make up the difference profit wise from this. KotM will be too tight in that department.

I see you being sad these days because of this underperformance, but i ask you based on the fact you liked it and trailers i saw; what else can top 3v1 monster mash from kotm? I guess you can count other monsters, but this really IS the biggest godzilla movie you could get(except just slapping name kong onto its sequel, but even this is questionable because of size comparison not unlike BvS)..we dont need more godzilla if this one turns out as epic as trailers depict... what else is there? Going to watch it soon(not a fanboy of puppet theater japanese films with cardboard buildings, loved the epic 1998 godzilla, g2014 was fairly well done 6.5/10)...

TTVOMJ

18 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Since, I am here, I might as well share the number. Gosh I need to learn self control. @DeeCee @baumer please block me for some days.

G 19.2

A 11.6

R 9.02

M 7.15

JW 2.91

EG 2

You just gotta love this guy :)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Since, I am here, I might as well share the number. Gosh I need to learn self control. @DeeCee @baumer please block me for some days.

G 19.2

A 11.6

R 9.02

M 7.15

JW 2.91

EG 2

Ugh Charlie you're such a doll when you come back i'll give you best you know what you ever had. good luck on your exams

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

What a nasty IM on OD Godzilla has. Gonna have a hard time to reach 50m OW and, what is worse, probably gonna barely pass 100m DOM with fierce competition coming and what seems rather poor WOM. We saw what happened to Godzilla (2014) in a similar situation. But this time opening half than 5 years ago and with a bigger budget. Critics have destroyed it. The movie is really DoA.

• Like 2

I haven’t seen KOTM yet (off work with a screwed back in the middle of summer blockbuster season where you can’t sit without pain - not good!! )

I’m looking forward to it but have felt all along like WB showed WAY too much of the movie in the trailers. I’m pretty sure most of the money shots and moments have been in the campaign, where as the 2014 one had that air of mystery around it. You went to discover something (not that there was much) but it had a hook. I just feel like everything this film promised they kind of already spoilt. Hence maybe some audiences not feeling the need to run out and see it. 

Sounds like word is good so if it can pull off a decent uptick on Saturday we could still be looking at $55 million. Not terrible by any means. 

13 minutes ago, picores said:

What a nasty IM on OD Godzilla has. Gonna have a hard time to reach 50m OW and, what is worse, probably gonna barely pass 100m DOM with fierce competition coming and what seems rather poor WOM. We saw what happened to Godzilla (2014) in a similar situation. But this time opening half than 5 years ago and with a bigger budget. Critics have destroyed it. The movie is really DoA.

Wonder how Kong v Godzilla will fare. 

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It was a movie about someone who was more powerful than Thanos with full Infinity Gauntlet.

In short it was a movie they is best left forgotten. We do not talk about this movie.

This Movie Has Made Me Sick ... Disgrace To Films ... They Completed The Script On The Sets Of Zero .... LOL ..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brinatico said:

There is no much left on the SH.

The anime adaptation is almost over and Star wars movies are down.

Just Avatar sequels and some new Pixar is left. 

Unless we keep viewing the same recicle over and over again 

I am not so sure about SH.. specially MCU.. they just bought x men and ff4 and not even bothering with them for next couple of years(eternals will be huge, ds2 as well)...star wars will be huge enough for disney(maybe not 500+ dom, but whats wrong with 100m budgeted 200m domestic performers?), combined with all other cash cows they own, they can all underperform and still be bigger thab anything else(just might not be as big as 2015-2019, EXCEPT secret wars^^ and AVEDAR 2 3 4 5^^)..

TTVOMJ

59 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

G 19.2

A 11.6

R 9.02

M 7.15

JW 2.91

EG 2

Don't you DARE ban him! But seriously, good luck with your exams and try and forget about us and focus on your studies at least during the weekdays. Now the weekends, a couple minutes here won't hurt anyone. I saw Revenge of the Sith the weekend before my exams and it was all fine in the end.

The more you worry about the exams, the more scary they become. If you put in the work (and I'm sure you did) and you know you're prepared than there's absolutely nothing to worry about. Now good luck and go murder those exams the same way you've been making a killing with your numbers here!