sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

King of the Monsters is flopping in many countries and underperforming in others. It’s a disappointment. Plain and simple 

If it ends up reaching Deadline's WW OW estimate of 210-230 mil, it isn't a disappointment really.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

King of the Monsters is flopping in many countries and underperforming in others. It’s a disappointment. Plain and simple 

I thought it was doing well in Asia no? looks to open as big as Kong Skull Island in China and has a great maoyan score.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

If it ends up reaching Deadline's WW OW estimate of 210-230 mil, it isn't a disappointment really.

Are you saying Deadline is now the arbiter for whether or not a film is a disappointment? If so, that’s simply ridiculous.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

You mean thursday?:o

TTVOMJ

No. I'm indicating that previews have been pushed back into the workday on Thursday, so now the only logical thing is to start them Wednesday evening so people can get the first showings without having work conflicts.

And the cycle will perpetually continue until previews start at midnight Friday the week prior to release.

8 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I thought it was doing well in Asia no? looks to open as big as Kong Skull Island in China and has a great maoyan score.

China is below expectations

other Asian countries looking below Godzilla 14

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

I love that Ma has been sold as 'Octavia Spencer has fun killing people' and it's going to be a hit.

Same lol. 

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Rocketman is a very VERY good movie. It isn't as "crowd pleasing" as Bohemian Rhapsody (there's nothing in it that's going to get people's blood pumping like Live Aid finale from BR) but I think most people who see it are going to really like it. WOM should be good, and I'm hoping for at least 30 for the weekend.

I thought it was more crowd pleasing. I was too distracted by the bad cgi audience at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody lol. 

WOM is great here in the UK, been playing for over a week now. 

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

About $115-20m of that will be US & China

Can't see it getting another $90-110m.  In almost every other major market (UK, France, SK, Germany, Russia, Brazil, Italy) it's opened not only well under (many 40-60%) Godz 2014 but under Aladdin's 2nd weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

About $115-20m of that will be US & China

Can't see it getting another $90-110m.  In almost every other major market (UK, France, SK, Germany, Russia, Brazil, Italy) it's opened not only well under (many 40-60%) Godz 2014 but under Aladdin's 2nd weekend. 

I mean, hasn't Aladdin stayed almost flat or had a very low drop in most countries? But you are right. I'll go with 70(OS-C)+67(China)+63(DOM) which gives 200 mil

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

33 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

In almost every other major market (UK, France, SK, Germany, Russia, Brazil, Italy) it's opened not only well under (many 40-60%) Godz 2014 but under Aladdin's 2nd weekend. 

Aladdin hasn’t had its second weekend yet. 

I’m assuming you’re comparing Wednesday to Wednesday? 

Did you mean to say “it’s upcoming weekend will likely be under what Aladdin could potentially make in its second weekend?” Lol 

Nearly time for MA 

• Like 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

Aladdin hasn’t had its second weekend yet. 

I’m assuming you’re comparing Wednesday to Wednesday? 

Did you mean to say “it’s upcoming weekend will likely be under what Aladdin could potentially make in its second weekend?” Lol 

Nearly time for MA 

You do know in the Int'l section there are already Thur numbers in several markets and w/e projections right?  Just like there are w/e projections on Friday in the US market.  Just like they can extrapolate what ball park the w/e will be like in China.

• Like 2

King of the Monsters reminds me of Wrath of the Titans. The first one did well because of hype and cool trailers but wasn't well liked, and the sequel nosedived, despite the sequel promising more action and monsters

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I’ll see the new one over the weekend and I just rewatched Godzilla ‘14. Mmmm what a good fucking movie.

Ah. I take it you're a big fan of boredom?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1