sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

45 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i had stumbled on a reddit thread just today that was "best performance that wasn't nominated for an oscar?" and the most upvoted comment was Ham Jackman in Prisoners. something very wrong with that place.

I wonder what are the chance for most of the logical answer to not be from south America, Asia or maybe Europe. Like a 

Min-sik Choi in OldBoy, Binoche in Bleu

If you are having a really baity role in a very successful Hollywood movie that got an Oscar campaign like Prisoners and do not get nominated for the Oscar, change are good you are not even the best not nominated for an Oscar performance of that year.

I imagine being quite impossible to answer, people simply go among recent one that was probably in the top 10 in vote but missed and not among all the millions of performances not nominated.

• Like 1

Ah, the ambiguities of English.  

24 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

What did you think of the original?

I suspect that you mean Godzilla 2014.

22 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

One of my favorite blockbusters ever.

... and you mean Independence Day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wouldn't go that far to compare this to Independence Day Resurgence. At least King of Monsters has some good action. ID2 is just one of the worst blockbusters i seen. The leads collectively wish that had an ounce of charm Will Smith has.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Ah, the ambiguities of English.  

I suspect that you mean Godzilla 2014.

... and you mean Independence Day.

Nope, I'm definitely referring to Godzilla 2014.  Independence Day is great but not one of my favorites.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Always with the extreme opinions I see.

Well I loved Independence Day and no surprise it absolutely dominated the box office that year. That presidential speech is awesome sauce.

We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We are going to live on! We are going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Always with the extreme opinions I see.

Well I loved Independence Day and no surprise it absolutely dominated the box office that year. That presidential speech is awesome sauce.

We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We are going to live on! We are going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

Didn't work quite so well the second time...

I hang out in spheres where fans loved KOTM. Coming into this thread was like literally stabbing my eyes with a corkwrench. 

Bummer it isn’t drumming up more business. Godzilla, Mothra, and Ghidorah really nailed their performances. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

Have we not gotten an Asgardian number yet? Pulse seems to indicate 15-17 still, maybe closer to the high end

Charlie is threadbanned until he finish his exams per his request. Maybe Rth will update later.