sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

Most anticipated

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

The Irishman

The Lighthouse

Ford v. Ferrari

Ad Astra

Midsommer

It Chapter 2

The Hunt

Jojo Rabbit

Absolutely dry summer though. Brightburn is gonna be the only movie I (regrettably) saw in cinemas between Endgame and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood at this point.

Just now, ViewerAnon said:

You'd better hope the script improves.

I have no idea how WB fast-tracked a Mortal Kombat and Supergirl film so fast, but Flash - a film with directors and a finished script - is still in limbo.

9 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

You'd better hope the script improves.

As along as they have James Wan on the production team this thing is gonna be absolutely lit. What he did with Aquaman was amazing

Edited by Geo1500

15 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

How many percent money do Alaska and Hawaii contribute in the total  box office of American? 

It probably varies, but the easiest way of thinking about it is just to see what percent of the total domestic market Alaska and Hawaii represent population-wise. Now, I don’t know actual population statistics (and don’t feel like looking them up at 1AM) so I’m just gonna pull numbers out of thin air, but you can use actual values if you want.

Let’s assume that “domestic” box office accounts for a total population served of 400 million people. If Alaska/Hawaii population combined is 4 million people, that would mean (give it take) that Alaska/Hawaii should account for 1% of domestic box office.

3 hours ago, Life goes on said:

better luck next time.......

Spider-man: Homecoming - 

$880,166,350

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 - $862,316,233

Thor Ragnarok - $846,980,024

Wonderwoman - $821,133,378

Justice League - $655,945,209

I think he meant domestically :) 

Edited by Krissykins

Most anticipated rest of the year:

Child’s Play

Yesterday

Annabelle Comes Home

Midsommar

Crawl

Once Upon a Time In Hollywood

The Kitchen

Scary Stories

47 Metres Down

Good Boys

It: Chapter 2

Hustlers

Joker

Woman in the Window

Doctor Sleep

Last Christmas

Charlie’s Angels

Knives Out

Cats

Superintelligence

Little Women

Jumanji 2 

10 of them don’t have a trailer yet, so they could be removed as soon as they do 😂

10 minutes ago, Firepower said:

What? It has been stuck in development hell for many years.

James Wan signed on as producer not that long ago, and the script was done fairly recently iirc.

21 minutes ago, TMP said:

James Wan signed on as producer not that long ago, and the script was done fairly recently iirc.

Greg Russo was hired like 3 years ago and looks like the script wasn't changed much since then. And there were many writers before him.

• Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I six hours we'll have everything so i don't think we'll get any updates before that.

Yeah, I know about those, I was mainly inquiring more about the usual suspects who give early updates. I know Charlie is away, guessing no RTH either.