sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

So it means you’re happy with it failing both on quality & box office?

Where does it say I'm happy? Just stating facts, I'll be seeing KOTM in a few hours...after that I'll tell you if it needs to die or not.

2 minutes ago, Sindreee said:

And tbf they’re not missing much.

Alot of them will prob just go on Youtube to type in Godzilla vs. 3 headed dragon or Rodan Vs. Mothera in a few months.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Haha 1

I don't think that Monsterverse is dying. They just have to find a way to make it more mainstream. I looked at SH numbers from the past and, hoo-boy, they were ugly. With the exception of IM and IM2, Cap, Thor and IH posted shitty numbers for their budgets and overall. They were such far cry from numbers they began to post after TA. Especially OS was never big on SH with the exception of Spiderman 3 (first SH ever to pass 500M, something that HP and LOTR franchises were doing in their sleep). so it took awhile for OS to warm up to SH but to say that those movies were sure-fire success even dom is shaky at best. some hit big, some didn't. the consistency of post-TA era didn't exist back then. 

so Mosnsterverse, IMO, should work on both humans and monsters and gap will be closed. 

Edited by Valonqar

MrFanaticGuy, you need to calm down. The discussion around Godzilla is normal for all films that miss their original expectations. 

Not everyone likes something but also a lot of us havent had a chance to see it yet so chill. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

We’re also hearing at this early stage that Godzilla‘s overseas numbers may just be as ugly as him.

Rude, Deadline. He is Thicc not Fat. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

This movie is good, glad that it’s already broken even (expected since it’s Blumhouse but still).  Definitely my favorite of the three new wide releases this weekend

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 4