sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Also signs that dementia is setting in for elderly Nolan for casting him?

Taylor Johnson was really good in Nocturnal Animals, and he's gonna be a supporting role in Tenet, so no

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

i'm also surprised Nick Hoult was in the cards for so many roles lately.

Nic Hoult's a good actor who's done some pretty shitty big budget roles (Beast, Jack The Giant Killer).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm sure WB was just thrilled with its $350m "over-performance" on that $180m budget. 

don't know if you have forgotten but every sign had it doing much worse than that. It definitely performed way above expectations. it did like double most people's expectations.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Nic Hoult's a good actor who's done some pretty shitty big budget roles (Beast, Jack The Giant Killer).

None successfully tho. I like him, but his name came out of nowhere regarding these high profile roles

Edited by Alli

10 minutes ago, Alli said:

On paper,  G vs K should perform better. It has an interesting hook. But let's wait and see if the damage is done

godzilla 2014 was badly received, so this did way worse, now this has been badly received, next godzilla film will suffer even more.

on the other hand people did like K:SI.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It'll be a tight race between SLOP 2 and Dark Phoenix next weekend...

Kids are watching SLOP 2, and X-Men fans/fanatics are watching Dark Phoenix. 

I have Pets 2 at $67M and Phoenix at $48M. Either way...

Image result for shrug gif

• Like 1

Just now, Alli said:

None successfully tho. I like him, but his name came out of nowhere regarding these high profile roles

He's lost out on Fantastic Beasts (bullet dodged in retrospect), Top Gun 2 for two different roles, and Batman, so he seems to always be beat in the audition space. He's great in Mad Max and The Favourite though, so I really hope he gets one of the villain roles in Batman.

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Mad Max and the reboot X-Men franchise. He's been  underused in the X-Men franchise because he's done a really good job with Beast whenever they do give him something. 

• Like 1

it is amazing how one low budget teen drama managed to produce so many stars. Nic Hoult, Kaya Scasldaoeriioireo, Daniel Kaluuya Dev Patel, Jack o'connell. Not bad

Edited by Avatree

Nic Hoult was a fine casting for Beast...back in First Class.

Since the films are supposed to have advanced over 25 years since then, he no longer really fits that role very well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hoult is good and should definitely get more high profile work. Though he would have been a bad choice for Bats too. 

I think he'd have been a weak choice for Top Gun 2 too. I don't know the script, but if they chose Miles Teller, the character is gonna be an arrogant cocky guy, which Miles excelles at. I' m gonna go further and predict Miles outshines Cruise. He's that good. You heard it here first, people. Of course, none will matter if the movie's crap. Nick might have dodget a bullet here

Edited by Alli
  • Disbelief 2

I noticed that deadline gives Rocketman estimate of $22,9 million, and BoxOfficeMojo $25 million. Which one is usuallt more realible?

Lähetetty minun SM-A520F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

1 minute ago, Alli said:

I think he'd have been a weak choice for Top Gun 2 too. I don't know the script, but if they chose Miles Teller, the character is gonna be an arrogant cocky guy, which Miles excelles at. I' m gonna go further and predict Miles outshine Cruise. He's that good. You heard it here first, people

Teller is far and away my most hated actor in Hollywood, but I won't go there again. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ttr said:

I noticed that deadline gives Rocketman estimate of $22,9 million, and BoxOfficeMojo $25 million. Which one is usuallt more realible?

Lähetetty minun SM-A520F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

boxofficemojo is always making mistakes so they would be wrong. However I beleive rocketman had advanced previews so that's probably the difference, the 22.9 is this weekend and 25 is 22.9 + previews. just a guess.

• Like 1