sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yikes for Zilla lol. 120 DOM, 130 China, 130 OS-China = 380WW? 

Shit, hopefully GvK picks up next year. I would like to see this franchise get to continue, so I hope that one does something like 200 DOM and 600 WW.

Aladdin dom and Zilla ww both in the 300+ range. 

WB 2019 ww cume,

435 Pika + 375 KOTM + 362 Shazam + Lego2 191 + La Llorona 120 + IIR 49 = 1532

Shaft and Annabelle to come in summer. Adding them the cume should cross 2b by end of summer.

Hopefully Godzilla has good summer legs. I’m just wanting that WW number to keep rising anyway it can... hoping China can go above expectations for the week and have a good weekend with it being a holiday.

4 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Hopefully Godzilla has good summer legs. I’m just wanting that WW number to keep rising anyway it can... hoping China can go above expectations for the week and have a good weekend with it being a holiday.

That B+ Cinemascore doesn't bode well for its legs.

• ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I believed in Harvey Dent.

That didn't work out either. 

This feels unrelated.

Spoiler

Honestly, it's not like Top Gun is some holy relic that will be desecrated by a sequel. I won't shed tears if it sucks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Movies like Godzilla are why Hollywood is so focused on international numbers now. 

It's better if they also won't focus on Godzilla's international numbers. Not pretty to look at right now.

25 minutes ago, Avatree said:

boxofficemojo is always making mistakes so they would be wrong. However I beleive rocketman had advanced previews so that's probably the difference, the 22.9 is this weekend and 25 is 22.9 + previews. just a guess.

WTF kind of answer is this???? You know better than to give this kind of swill in an answer. 

BOM reports the studio estimates - the actual number that we have gotten from other sources. 

If anything you needed to say that Deadline reports stupid stuff by which they dont properly update their numbers. 

I sometimes just dont get your behavior on this board and that comes from someone who usually likes you. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, a2k said:

Aladdin dom and Zilla ww both in the 300+ range. 

WB 2019 ww cume,

435 Pika + 375 KOTM + 362 Shazam + Lego2 191 + La Llorona 120 + IIR 49 = 1532

Shaft and Annabelle to come in summer. Adding them the cume should cross 2b by end of summer.

I don't see how Aladdin realistically makes it to 300+. What kind of drops would that require in the coming weeks?

I honestly think 280-285 is where it's going to cap out. 

Rocketman would "look" better if Bohemian hadnt just come out last fall. Its numbers are great for the genre and will probably make a push for 80m+ with a shot at 100m. 

Bohemian was an exception for the genre and we need to remember that. Only real mistake here was deciding to open it in May/june and not later on in the schedule. 

6 minutes ago, narniadis said:

WTF kind of answer is this???? You know better than to give this kind of swill in an answer. 

BOM reports the studio estimates - the actual number that we have gotten from other sources. 

If anything you needed to say that Deadline reports stupid stuff by which they dont properly update their numbers. 

I sometimes just dont get your behavior on this board and that comes from someone who usually likes you. 

Huh? I just said it's not uncommon for BOM to have typos and mistakes in their numbers. Regardless $25M appears to be the number, deadline has it at $25m.

BOM includes the preview number in the friday figure: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=rocketman19.htm

if OP has read 22m number then that is correct as I believe rocketman had $2.3m early previews from last week included in this weekend's number.

]

Edited by Avatree

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

....Are you telling me to watch more types of films? 

I watch plenty of non horror. I like all genres (except cartoons), horror is just my favourite. 

I’ve been to the cinema to see 23 films this year and only 6 were horrors. 

You liked Zootopia, didn't you?