sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

Just now, UserHN said:

Did I say anything about "overpredicted" and "underpredicted"? My theory is that the more there is hate on Twitter, the more it is likely to succeed. What? You haven't seen hate for TLK? As I said, very hard to miss bec they're everywhere. And TS4 hate is also everywhere bec "why do we need another TS??!! TS3 is the perfect ending!!!".

I’ve seen hate for TLK but for everyone of those comments, there’s a positive post or two. I have seen literally nothing for TS4 complaints.

Also why care so much if others don’t like a movie.

• Like 1

So saying lion king designs are emotionless and too realistic. Means you are a hater ? Lol 

what movie live action of it didn’t get hate for it 

Detective Pikachu designs were considered creepy and a talking Pikachu was pretty even after 1st trailer 

will smith genie was trashed after the first trailer 

people are allowed to have opinions. Doesn’t mean they are haters 

With KOTM I think the addition of monsters whose name GA didn't know but were still sold as popular characters, made the movie look more like a fanboy event. The lack of continuity with the first one in terms of pivotal human characters added to that and kept the focus on same Godzilla fighting more obscure monsters. God if they could go back and have Cranston in on a 3 film deal (not as a corpse :ph34r:).

1 hour ago, baumer said:

just because someone is not interested in seeing a remake to a classic film doesn't mean they are haters. Some people just don't want to watch a film that's been on DVD and Blu-ray for years already. 

I'm talking about the haters. Real haters. You should read Twitter comments. Their hate is real. Not just "uninterested". They even have the need to pop up everywhere to trash the remake. That is not the behavior of "uninterested".

11 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Any revised Sunday numbers yet?

With Charlie MIA for a while, we won't get any revised numbers until the studios release them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

I'm talking about the haters. Real haters. You should read Twitter comments. Their hate is real. Not just "uninterested". They even have the need to pop up everywhere to trash the remake. That is not the behavior of "uninterested".

Well define trash. Seems to me you have a looney type interest in The Lion King hence any perceived kind of disparaging comment towards it makes you think that people are hating when in fact they just probably think it's unnecessary. 

• Like 1

userHN I think you're the one who needs to chill... You keep making posts complaining that everyone hates the lion king even though no one is even talking about the lion king.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

So saying lion king designs are emotionless and too realistic. Means you are a hater ? Lol 

what movie live action of it didn’t get hate for it 

Detective Pikachu designs were considered creepy and a talking Pikachu was pretty even after 1st trailer 

will smith genie was trashed after the first trailer 

people are allowed to have opinions. Doesn’t mean they are haters 

Yes, people are allowed to have opinions. People are allowed to hate a movie. I call them haters. I have no problem with different opinions. That's why in my earlier posts, I encouraged many people to hate the movies as much as they can. I just have this gut feel that Twitter folks preferences are the opposite of the preferences of the general audiences.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

userHN I think you're the one who needs to chill... You keep making posts complaining that everyone hates the lion king even though no one is even talking about the lion king.

I was responding to those who quoted me. As long as another one quotes me, I will respond if I think it's appropriate to respond.

4 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Yes, people are allowed to have opinions. People are allowed to hate a movie. I call them haters. I have no problem with different opinions. That's why in my earlier posts, I encouraged many people to hate the movies as much as they can. I just have this gut feel that Twitter folks preferences are the opposite of the preferences of the general audiences.

Well if anyone who has constructive criticism is considered a hater now 

we are living in very vanilla society lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I was responding to those who quoted me. As long as another one quotes me, I will respond if I think it's appropriate to respond.

Yeah but like, you've made the same post like 5 times.

12 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Yeah but like, you've made the same post like 5 times.

I was explaining my gut feel to those who quoted me. For anyone out there, don't quote my TLK/TS4 theory if you don't want to hear it several times. Mods, please delete my main comment concerning this theory of mine if you feel the need for it.

Edited by UserHN

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

I was explaining my gut feel to those who quoted me. For anyone out there, don't quote my TLK/TS4 theory if you don't want to hear it several times.

What's your TLK theory?