sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

26 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Impressive numbers but why?   Why is 4DX still a thing and why for this movie?

OW so big that they achieved to have people forced to buy $45 ticket not finding free place in cheaper option ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

OW so big that they achieved to have people forced to buy $45 ticket not finding free place in cheaper option ?

which theater has $45 ticket !!!! I know 4dx ticket in Regal Union SQuare NYC is $31. Ticket prices are getting ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Thats host.. pretty intense movie with one of my favorite asian actors.. wailling guy.. i think he is in parasite too .. not sure

TTVOMJ

Song Kang-ho

He's also in Bongs Memories of Murder and Snowpiercer.  He's a superstar in SK

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

which theater has $45 ticket !!!! I know 4dx ticket in Regal Union SQuare NYC is $31. Ticket prices are getting ridiculous.

Probably in Canadian $s

Every time I see 4DX I think of this review :lol:

https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/1/11347528/batman-v-superman-movie-4dx-experience-torture

Imagine what kind of cultural experiences $28 can buy you. A decent show ticket. Three matinees at a suburban movie theater. A couple ritzy museum admissions. Nine movie rentals on iTunes. Three months of Spotify. Twenty-eight CDs, probably.

Now instead of any of those, imagine spending $28 on a single movie ticket. But not to see just any movie — one where the chair beneath you vibrates, jumps, shakes, punches you in the center of the back, and, on occasion, lurches forward as if to eject you onto a soda-and-spit-covered floor. Imagine if every time there was gunfire on screen, you were shot in the back of the head by a tiny, burst of air. Imagine if halfway into your "experience," a woman darted past you, covering her mouth and holding back the sounds of heaving.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Impressive numbers but why?   Why is 4DX still a thing and why for this movie?

I dont know why, never seen a movie in 4dx myself, but here in India 4DX is immensely popular. While there are very few theatres that have 4DX, they are usually the first screens to get full. For Endgame, every single 4DX seat in my city was booked till the second weekend even before the movie opened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If so on the high end it would hit $50m, low end closer to $44m.

That may put Aladdin in play to take the weekend. I've been bearish on KotM but if it happens that would surprise me.

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

$45 BUCKS?! LOL! Thanos better jump out the fucking screen and perform oral sex on me for that price! I can't even justify paying anything more than a matinee!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Probably in Canadian $s

Every time I see 4DX I think of this review :lol:

https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/1/11347528/batman-v-superman-movie-4dx-experience-torture

That is hilarious. 4DX is not bad for a disney world or universal shows that lasts 20 minutes. I can think off sitting for 3 hours in those theaters!!!

I tried 4DX when I went up to NYC because one of the theaters there had it.  Unfortunately there was only one movie playing in the format and my mom/sister wanted to go too, and that’s the story of how we paid $91 to see Despicable Me 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

I tried 4DX when I went up to NYC because one of the theaters there had it.  Unfortunately there was only one movie playing in the format and my mom/sister wanted to go too, and that’s the story of how we paid $91 to see Despicable Me 3

Paying $91 to see the Jaundiced monsters !!!!!! :WHATanabe:

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

45 was said a bit has a joke but yes in some market it get around that (in Canadian dollar at least), London for example have 25-30 pound 4DX ticket, specially for an EndGame type of affair the first days I imagine it could have went quite high.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I would't wish this even on my worst enemy.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Menor said:

1 PM Pulse indicates a 12-14 million Friday...ugh

Not sure if this will matter to your analysis, but this weekend is the 1st weekend since before Endgame that the big openers have a movie ticket deal on Atom...

Godzilla has buy 2 tickets, get $5 off...

Rocketman has buy 1 ticket, get $7 off...(not a misprint, I expect Atom theaters to do VERY well this weekend with that kinda discount)...

So, if using the May Fandango indicators, they may not be as accurate today...

Not saying this means those movies will do bonkers, but it's a factor that may throw off data...whether it's walk up vs presale data or Fandango vs Atom % presales data...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1