Arlo245

Toy Story 4 over Incredibles 2 OW

Posted (edited)

Edit* 

Gonna bring it down $20 million until I get more presale reports supporting $200M+ 

Edited by Arlo245

I do not allow my name to be used in this manner

out, I'm thinking 140 or so

Cool club! I'm IN.

So far TS films have been consistent at doubling its predecessor's OW. TS2 doubled TS OW wknd 4 years later. TS3 doubled TS2 11 years later. I know inflation and nostalic factor in, unlike John Wick films. I doubt that the 4th part can continue this trend, but it could be close. 180M for Incredibles 2 was already phenomenal. I would bet TS4 to top that.

As big as I2 was, I don't think there's any doubt that TS4 will trump it OW. The built-up anticipation for TS4 is probably off the charts for an animated film. 

IN

IN

And Frozen won't be able to top this

Two more weeks to go! I have a feeling $183M+ will be achievable especially considering how Incredibles 2 was tracking last year and what it ended up making. May change club back to over Black Panther depending on reviews and if there are stratospheric tracking figures.

Before the presales I would have said around 100m, now with the presales I'm thinking in the 140-170 range.   But with more time and more information I could easily be persuaded to be in this club by the week of release.  For now I'm holding out on saying definitively either way.

not in a million years. The demand for an Incredibles sequel was way higher than the demand for a TS3 sequel.