efialtes76

Tuesday Numbers:Big increases...

So I went to see John Wick yesterday, and I saw firsthand that a diverse group of people were seeing a diverse lineup of movies. When we asked the ticket booth worker about how busy it was for a Tuesday, he said they were selling "a lot of Godzilla, a lot of Aladdin, a lot of John Wick, a lot of Rocketman"... and when a plentiful amount of wealth is spread across many different films on a given weekend, that's what I really like to hear, for the films and for the theaters. Can't wait to see the numbers later today.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

DP is currently at 133 million, This next two weekends look good, but after that TS4 comes out, which will no doubt cut into its legs, and theater count. I think it'll slow-crawl to 150m. 

If it gets to $150m, I think we'll get another Pokemon movie. 

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If it gets to $150m, I think we'll get another Pokemon movie. 

The film's already doubled its budget worldwide, bearing creedence to the plausibility. But $150M DOM could certainly turn that plausibility into a guarantee.

1 hour ago, sfran43 said:

The launch of a shitty franchise

Out of all these movies and i seen only 4 of them and The Patroit just cause it was the Social Studies movie in High School. Like how science classes will use any excuse to show Osmosis Jones. Sure as hell don't recognize Perfect Storm whatever it is and Big Momma's House?

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

22 minutes ago, Slambros said:

The film's already doubled its budget worldwide, bearing creedence to the plausibility. But $150M DOM could certainly turn that plausibility into a guarantee.

If movie finishes 146-149 million. There not gonna be like. Oh fuck it’s not at 150 million let’s not make another Pokemon movie lol

It’s gonna 2.75x it’s budget worldwide 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Are there already updates for Aladdin Tuesday?

Not yet. we were just debating how it could get 7M Tuesday. But no numbers yet. I'm waiting for it too.:)

Edited by Valonqar

What i find interesting about x men is that i was never into american comic books, but x man and spider man were good cartoons in the 90's which i watched on my brazilian cable tv that it made me watch xmen 1 2 and spidey 1 and 2 on the movies and i still think those are the definitive and iconic super hero movies for me ( more than dark knight or avengers), but then the  sequels werent so good.

Edited by ilovetheblues86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Out of all these movies and i seen only 4 of them and The Patroit just cause it was the Social Studies movie in High School. Like how science classes will use any excuse to show Osmosis Jones. Sure as hell don't recognize Perfect Storm whatever it is and Big Momma's House?

The Perfect Storm was a pretty good movie, right up there with Twister.

Rocketman is nearly at 70M equivalent at my theatre after Tuesday. Huge run for it here, but still not close to the craziness that was Bohemian Rhapsody (which was at 113M or so after 5 days)

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2