Avatree

**SPOILER** *SPOILER* Dark Phoenix SPOILER thread ****SPOILER*****

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

To be fair I think the end of Apocalypse was just saying she was really strong rather than she had Phoenix powers. Doesn’t the beginning of this movie show that In the prologue she already has some

kimd of uncontrollable power ?

yeah she has strong powers. But this is in Apocalypse, looks like her appearing as a Phoenix right?

I dont know much about these films so may be wrong.

77f7283bdf557fe56f558d53495a46ee.png

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

How was the Quicksilver scene? Was it ok, fine or bad? Describe it, if possible.

What was the song ( if there was any ) played?

There was none. Kept waiting for it to appear but nope. Quicksilver is not in the film after first 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

There was none. Kept waiting for it to appear but nope. Quicksilver is not in the film after first 15 minutes.

That's weird. Isn't there a scene where he confronts Jean? In the trailer, at least. 

Someone says he gets put in a coma after being knocked down by Jean.

Anyway, how was the space rescue scene? 

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

That's weird. Isn't there a scene where he confronts Jean? In the trailer, at least. 

Someone says he gets put in a coma after being knocked down by Jean.

Anyway, how was the space rescue scene?  

Oh my mistake actually yes he is in the scene where they confront Jean. Okay so its after maybe 40 minutes that he isn't seen agfain, in that case.

He's not in a coma. at least if he is its not shown or indicated. Once they return from confronting Jean i am 99% sure he doesnt appear again.

regardless, yeah sadly there is no Quicksilver scene like in DOFP and Apocalypse, a shame really. He's not in the film very much.

Space rescue scene is good, not very long but doesn't need to be. Shows  all of them working together.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

this is the 1st time i opened a spoiler thread without actually seeing the mv :qotd: 

i had the chance to see this movie yday but chose not to...i basically have zero interest in X-men films anymore

logan/first class were great...X2/DOFP decent..couldnt care less abt other films.

13 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

He's not shown at the school when Hank takes over?

yeah that's right at the end, you see him briefly he tells a kid to slow down in the corridor. other than that he's really not in the film after they confront Jean - which is 45 ish minutes in at best, I would guess. he is missing for a LOT of the film.

12 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, is the action good in this movie? It seems most of the reviews praise the action scenes ( the train scene seems to be the most focused ). Is the action better than previous X-Men flicks?

I think it's good. Train scene is good. its clear and quite energetic. Preferred the action sequences to Apocalypse, can't remember DOFP well enough to compare it.

Edited by Avatree

On 6/5/2019 at 4:12 PM, Avatree said:

yeah she has strong powers. But this is in Apocalypse, looks like her appearing as a Phoenix right?

I dont know much about these films so may be wrong.

77f7283bdf557fe56f558d53495a46ee.png

Fox X-Men storytelling mantra: Continuity schmontinuity

This is yet another botch on the Dark Phoenix storyline. For a so-called Dark Phoenix, there isn't alot of darkness on that bird. She accidentally kills Raven via blasting her into wood, wrecking a few cars and a helicopter, restraining Magneto and forcing Charles into walking up some stairs.

Who the hell are these villains? We don't learn anything about them except for their plan but nothing about them. Somehow they made Thor's The Dark World villain look good. Comic fans could recognize them but they are a nada to the general audience member like me who now have to go on wikipedia to look them up.

Besides that, this movie is a nothingburger. Not really much to talk about. It is just so bland and forgettful. Oh and i guess Simon Kinberg forgot to watch X-men Apocalypse *Not that i blame him* since whatever was going on with Jean was dropped.

I think The Last Stand and Origins are better movies and that is not a good thing.

Soo how do Magneto and Professor X turn old in 8 years anyway? And how do they ressurect Raven in 8 years anyway?

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

Yeah Jean already has Phoenix power in Apocalypse, the power is the same in this film (the ability to dust anything)

Quicksilver only appears in the opening scene (the space rescue mission) and when they confront Jean at her childhood house, then he gets incapacitated for the rest of the movie and only reappear briefly at the end. 

Edited by Heroicpiglet

This movie makes little sense if you want this to be a prequel to the original trilogy. 1 of the main characters end up dead and the other one probably isn't coming back to nerf herself by 2000. 

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

8 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

This movie makes little sense if you want this to be a prequel to the original trilogy. 1 of the main characters end up dead and the other one probably isn't coming back to nerf herself by 2000. 

The original trilogy no longer happened after Days of Future Past.

4 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

I was under the impression that it was only The Last Stand that was erased and not X-men 1 and 2.

The original X-Men are still *canon* even if their events were more or less erased.

Like I said: Continuity schmontinuity