Avatree

**SPOILER** *SPOILER* Dark Phoenix SPOILER thread ****SPOILER*****

Question, does the movie give itself a reason to decade-hop? Like, does the 10 year gap between this and Apocalypse happen for a narrative reason? Or not at all, and just makes it seem weird that these actors are supposed to be much MUCH older now?

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Question, does the movie give itself a reason to decade-hop? Like, does the 10 year gap between this and Apocalypse happen for a narrative reason? Or not at all, and just makes it seem weird that these actors are supposed to be much MUCH older now?

It's basically there so that the Xmen can be public figures and heroes which feeds in Xavier's egotism, and so that the government can turn on them when Jean attacks police officers.

It really makes no sense because Xavier was never portrayed like that before in the movies, and if it's that easy to lose trust with people how were they ever forgiven for the insane near world ending events of Apocalypse?

• Like 1

The ending makes no sense. Jean shows up at the end of Days of Future Past. How does that line up?! Splintered timelines?! That makes no sense, since the old Xavier at the end is older McAvoy Xavier. Splintered timelines would mean that DOFP was a big waste of time since it shouldn't have changed the future. Mangold said that Logan is after DOFP too, and Jean Grey died during Xavier's alzheimers outbreak. So Jean has died.. four times, and brought back to life twice, in the span of 19 years now. I guess that makes this the most comic book accurate movie series ever then.

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Nope no stated reason whatsoever. And apparently all of them have mutated the anti aging gene as well coz no one seems older between first class, Apocalypse and this. 

3 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

It's basically there so that the Xmen can be public figures and heroes which feeds in Xavier's egotism, and so that the government can turn on them when Jean attacks police officers.

It really makes no sense because Xavier was never portrayed like that before in the movies, and if it's that easy to lose trust with people how were they ever forgiven for the insane near world ending events of Apocalypse?

The way they butchered Charles’ character was bad. At one point ai thought maybe he is going to turn evil. 

3 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Mutants go from “public hero” to “internment camp” status pretty damn quickly in this film...

Ikr, Mutants destroying entire cities and coastlines and possibly killing millions of people in Apocalypse. Eh we’ll give them a pass this time. 

A single mutant overturning a few police cars. Thats it, thats going too far, lock em up. 

• Sad 1

So many things wrong with the movie but the ending after Jean dies is atrocious. We don't bother to see the effect her death had on the characters other than calling the school "Jean Grey" and everything is tied up in an unearned neat bow. Seems like Raven's death had a way bigger impact than the actual titular character.

6 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

So many things wrong with the movie but the ending after Jean dies is atrocious. We don't bother to see the effect her death had on the characters other than calling the school "Jean Grey" and everything is tied up in an unearned neat bow. Seems like Raven's death had a way bigger impact than the actual titular character.

Is Jean really dead?

Edited by Jay Beezy

So much was wrong with this. As other posters have said Jean's death has no impact at all and is just shoved aside in favor of yet another chess game reconciliation scene (sigh). Everything is just so rushed and crammed in. This really needed more than one movie, or at least a longer movie. Zimmer's score doesn't help either by being constantly on "intense and sweeping" mode and having nowhere near enough emotional variation. The villains were just lame.

5 hours ago, BeastByTheBay said:

Well at the end they show a flaming phoenix flying in the clouds above Charles & Erik. So she just turned into a bird and lives in the sky now i guess lol

Wikipedia said she disappeared into space after killing Jessica Chastain.

20 minutes ago, Menor said:

The lack of John Ottman's wonderful X-Men theme probably makes me judge the score a little more harshly than it deserved tbh. But I still wonder at the huge amount of praise for it. To me it seemed like one of Zimmer's more lackluster efforts.

Agreed just seemed he repurposed his Interstellar score with a bit of Man of Steel and Dunkirk thrown in there. Hope his WW84 score isn't as repititve as this one was.

But I guess the internet especially fanboys eat everything up that sounds "Zimmer like"

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Agreed just seemed he repurposed his Interstellar score with a bit of Man of Steel and Dunkirk thrown in there. Hope his WW84 score isn't as repititve as this one was.

But I guess the internet especially fanboys eat everything up that sounds "Zimmer like"

Damn I was hoping Gregson Williams was returning for Wonder Woman 2, I really enjoyed his score for the last one as well as Aquaman

Heres where the Marvel Studios fanatics, which includes reviewers, can suck.

I just saw it, and it was nowhere near as bad as the fanatics are claiming. Chastain (and the black guy 😂) is a great villain, and they did an awesome job of showing just how powerful Phoenix Force Jean is. The other X-Men, including Xavier and Magneto, were insects to her.

You see, the Marvel Studios fanatics are eager to shovel the last pile of dirt on the grave of FOX X-Men. Because it's now gonna be in the trusted hands, of the guys that had an unhelmeted Cap brush off a punch to the head, from a being that had just pummeled Hulk like a walk in the park 😂.

7 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Heres where the Marvel Studios fanatics, which includes reviewers, can suck.

I just saw it, and it was nowhere near as bad as the fanatics are claiming. Chastain (and the black guy 😂) is a great villain, and they did an awesome job of showing just how powerful Phoenix Force Jean is. The other X-Men, including Xavier and Magneto, were insects to her.

You see, the Marvel Studios fanatics are eager to shovel the last pile of dirt on the grave of FOX X-Men. Because it's now gonna be in the trusted hands, of the guys that had an unhelmeted Cap brush off a punch to the head, from a being that had just pummeled Hulk like a walk in the park 😂.

So Conspiracy Theories and name calling are all you got?