efialtes76

Wednesday numbers:

36 minutes ago, jedijake said:

No way is it locked. But the better the holds, the better it looks.

I WOULD say that $280 million looks locked. $290 million looks really good. $300 million looks better and better.

If it can have weekend-to-weekend holds like DOFP, then $300 million becomes more likely. If it truly DOES make $25-$26 million this coming weekend and then stays somewhat steady with some smaller drops here and there ( a few sub-40% drops) then it has $300 million in the can.

Saying "locked" has a tendency to jinx things, but I honestly don't see how Aladdin misses 300m unless there is some crazy collapse. It's significantly out-grossing both Indy 4 and Pirates 3 every day, and after 2nd Wednesday those two films made an additional 90.4m and 80.4m respectively.

Simply adding those onto Aladdin's Wednesday cume gets us 293.5m and 283.5m. Aladdin is beating the weekday grosses of those two by huge amounts and the weekends will be higher starting this weekend as well, so those numbers are like the absolute floor. The aim should honestly be around 325m+ and beating Suicide Squad to become Will Smith's highest grossing movie domestically.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

The path over first 17 days reminds me of these three in particular  

CABC481-B-308-B-4697-9-BDE-31398-EF32-F9

Thanks very much for this. It might not do as much as those three, but it will get damn close. And SLOP2 looks to be seriously unthreatening to Aladdin's legs and Aladdin can co-exist with TS4 until The Lion King comes around. 

Edited by tawasal

27 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

It's not the end before making a sequal for ''Aladdin and the king of thieves'' That one has huge potential and with a better opening day with a space to breathe it can do 1.1 to 1.5 Billion. This Aladdin landed on one of the most competitive spots for the last decade or so. The competition was ridiculous and most of these films who recently flopped could have done better have they also avoided this opening spot.

I think they should just jump over the return of Jafar and just give some reference to it and go straight to the king of thieves and then make the trilogy as a new concept continuing years after the king of thieves 

I don't know what king of Thieves is but I trust you that it has potential. I just don't want them to ruin eevrything with a flop. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I don't know what king of Thieves is but I trust you that it has potential. I just don't want them to ruin eevrything with a flop. 

Aladdin and the King of Thieves is great and has huge potential for live action. Also we need Aladdin's hot dad!!

13 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Aladdin and the King of Thieves is great and has huge potential for live action. Also we need Aladdin's hot dad!!

I'm interested in knowing who would they cast. I would love to see Hugh Jackman take that role

Edited by Geo1500

Regarding the potential for Aladdins sequel, Disney had doubts back in the 90s, so did a direct to video release instead (Return of Jafar). It ended up earning $300 million in video sales. 

There always is flop potential, there's always some inherent risk. But, when a property like Aladdin can overcomes the negative press it had going for it to not only have a decent opening weekend, but also strong legs, this feels like a safer bet than many. 

@WrathOfHan say happy birthday to your mom for me:

18x:

The Secret Life of Pets 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Mary Poppins Returns, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Round 2 Dolby, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Round 2 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 6, Shazam! IMAX, Shazam! Round 2 Dolby, A Dog’s Journey, Aladdin Dolby, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Rocketman Dolby

17x:

Rocketman: A Private War, Bohemian Rhapsody, If Beale Street Could Talk, Ben Is Back, A Star is Born Round 3 Dolby, The Mule, On the Basis of Sex, Isn’t It Romantic, Captain Marvel Dolby, What Men Want, The Beach Bum, Pet Sematary, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Five Feet Apart, Long Shot, The Sun Is Also a Star, The White Crow

Godzilla: King of the Monsters: First Man IMAX, Aquaman, Bumblebee, Vice, Free Solo IMAX, The Mule, Serenity, Cold Pursuit, Captain Marvel Dolby, Shazam! IMAX, Hellboy IMAX, Shazam! Round 2 Dolby, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, The Sun Is Also a Star, Aladdin Dolby

16x:

Dark Phoenix: First Man IMAX, Overlord, Free Solo IMAX, The Kid Who Would Be King, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Glass, Happy Death Day 2U, Cold Pursuit, Captain Marvel Dolby, Shazam! IMAX, Avengers: Endgame, Tolkien, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, The Sun Is Also a Star, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby

13x:

MIB: International: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby, Isn’t It Romantic, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Fighting with My Family, Happy Death Day 2U, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 6, Hellboy IMAX, Avengers: Endgame, Long Shot, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Booksmart, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Rocketman Dolby

7x:

The Lion King: Mary Poppins Returns, Penguins, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Amazing Grace, Breakthrough, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX

6x:

Spider-Man: Far from Home: The Kid Who Would Be King, Glass, Captain Marvel Dolby, Everybody Knows, Shazam! IMAX, Five Feet Apart

Dora and the Lost City of Gold: Shazam! IMAX, Little, Missing Link Dolby, Breakthrough, UglyDolls, Aladdin Dolby

The Angry Birds Movie 2: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, Missing Link Dolby, UglyDolls, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Aladdin Dolby

Shaft: What Men Want, Us Dolby, Us Round 2 Dolby, A Madea Family Funeral, The Beach Bum, Booksmart

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw: Cold Pursuit, Captain Marvel Dolby, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby

Downton Abbey: Green Book, On the Basis of Sex, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, The Mustang, Rocketman Dolby, The Dead Don’t Die

5x:

Overcomer: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Can You Ever Forgive Me? Round 2, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby

Blinded by the Light: Long Shot, Tolkien, A Dog’s Journey, The Sun Is Also a Star, The White Crow

Yesterday: Isn’t It Romantic, Little, Tolkien, The Sun Is Also a Star, Rocketman Dolby

4x:

Abominable: Dumbo, Missing Link Dolby, UglyDolls, A Dog’s Journey

My Spy: UglyDolls, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, The Sun Is Also a Star, Aladdin Dolby

Where’d You Go, Bernadette?: Vice, If Beale Street Could Talk, Booksmart, Rocketman Dolby

Late Night: Cruel Intentions, Little, The Sun Is Also a Star, The Dead Don’t Die

3x:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: Us Dolby, Us Round 2 Dolby, The Beach Bum

Hellboy: Cold Pursuit, Shazam! IMAX, Pet Sematary

Ma: Us Dolby, Us Round 2 Dolby, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby

Lucy in the Sky: Us Round 2 Dolby, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Tolkien

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX

Anna: The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Long Shot, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby

Toy Story 4: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Aladdin Dolby

Stuber: Little, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Booksmart

Gemini Man: Avengers: Endgame, Tolkien, Rocketman Dolby

Child’s Play: Climax, Booksmart, The Dead Don’t Die

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

The Informer: Serenity, Extreme Job

Frozen 2: Captain Marvel Dolby, Penguins

Good Boys: The Beach Bum, Long Shot

Maiden: Amazing Grace, The White Crow

Crawl: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Booksmart

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil: Aladdin Dolby, Booksmart

It: Chapter 2: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby

The Art of Racing in the Rain: Aladdin Dolby, Rocketman Dolby

Terminator: Dark Fate: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Rocketman Dolby

Annabelle Comes Home: The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, The Dead Don’t Die

1x:

The Current War: Wind River

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man

City of Lies: Hotel Artemis

The Upside: Aquaman

The Art of Self-Defense: Hotel Mumbai

The Lodge: The Beach Bum

The Addams Family: Missing Link Dolby

The Dead Don’t Die: Pet Sematary

Joker: The Curse of La Llorona Dolby

Sonic the Hedgehog: Pokémon Detective Pikachu

21 Bridges: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby

Angel Has Fallen: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby

The Tomorrow Man: The White Crow

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Booksmart

47 Meters Down: Uncaged: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby

The Kitchen: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby

The Goldfinch: Rocketman Dolby

20 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $817,804,438    30.1%
Foreign:  $1,901,800,000    69.9%

Worldwide:  $2,719,604,438  

Endgame OS through wednesday, break 1.9b, added 3.4m .

giphy.gif

• Haha 13

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

@WrathOfHan say happy birthday to your mom for me:

Spoiler

18x:

The Secret Life of Pets 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Mary Poppins Returns, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Round 2 Dolby, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Round 2 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 6, Shazam! IMAX, Shazam! Round 2 Dolby, A Dog’s Journey, Aladdin Dolby, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Rocketman Dolby

17x:

Rocketman: A Private War, Bohemian Rhapsody, If Beale Street Could Talk, Ben Is Back, A Star is Born Round 3 Dolby, The Mule, On the Basis of Sex, Isn’t It Romantic, Captain Marvel Dolby, What Men Want, The Beach Bum, Pet Sematary, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Five Feet Apart, Long Shot, The Sun Is Also a Star, The White Crow

Godzilla: King of the Monsters: First Man IMAX, Aquaman, Bumblebee, Vice, Free Solo IMAX, The Mule, Serenity, Cold Pursuit, Captain Marvel Dolby, Shazam! IMAX, Hellboy IMAX, Shazam! Round 2 Dolby, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, The Sun Is Also a Star, Aladdin Dolby

16x:

Dark Phoenix: First Man IMAX, Overlord, Free Solo IMAX, The Kid Who Would Be King, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Glass, Happy Death Day 2U, Cold Pursuit, Captain Marvel Dolby, Shazam! IMAX, Avengers: Endgame, Tolkien, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, The Sun Is Also a Star, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby

13x:

MIB: International: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby, Isn’t It Romantic, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Fighting with My Family, Happy Death Day 2U, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 6, Hellboy IMAX, Avengers: Endgame, Long Shot, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Booksmart, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Rocketman Dolby

7x:

The Lion King: Mary Poppins Returns, Penguins, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Amazing Grace, Breakthrough, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX

6x:

Spider-Man: Far from Home: The Kid Who Would Be King, Glass, Captain Marvel Dolby, Everybody Knows, Shazam! IMAX, Five Feet Apart

Dora and the Lost City of Gold: Shazam! IMAX, Little, Missing Link Dolby, Breakthrough, UglyDolls, Aladdin Dolby

The Angry Birds Movie 2: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, Missing Link Dolby, UglyDolls, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Aladdin Dolby

Shaft: What Men Want, Us Dolby, Us Round 2 Dolby, A Madea Family Funeral, The Beach Bum, Booksmart

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw: Cold Pursuit, Captain Marvel Dolby, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby

Downton Abbey: Green Book, On the Basis of Sex, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, The Mustang, Rocketman Dolby, The Dead Don’t Die

5x:

Overcomer: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Can You Ever Forgive Me? Round 2, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby

Blinded by the Light: Long Shot, Tolkien, A Dog’s Journey, The Sun Is Also a Star, The White Crow

Yesterday: Isn’t It Romantic, Little, Tolkien, The Sun Is Also a Star, Rocketman Dolby

Reveal hidden contents

What is this supposed to be? 

GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

Great number for Aladdin. I agree with the others here. This could have made a billion if not for those horrible marketing. But anyway, still satisfied with the numbers and its excellent legs. I think it will be either #9 or #10 worldwide this year.

1. EG

2. TLK

3. TROS

4. Frozen 2

5. FFH

6. CM

7.  TS4

8. Hobbs & Shaw

9. Aladdin or It 2 or Joker

10. Aladdin or It 2 or Joker

I think you have the right movies but not necessarily in the right order.

EG

TLK and TROS will be 2 and 3. I think TROS will rebound from TLJ. That is what has happened in previous SW trilogies and TLJ actually had the best hold of the 2nd films in the 3 trilogies. I'm thinking 650-750 for TROS, but TLK will be in that same range i think.

Frozen 2

TS4 (I think this is going to close to 500M+ or more)

CM

FFH  -i'm not as convinced this is going to break 425M (that would be a 27% increase), but i probably shouldn't doubt Spidey. Even if it catches CM I don't see it catching TS4.

I'm sort of expecting It2 to decrease from the first one. Joker is an absolute wildcard.

Aladdin is romping to $300 million. 

Solo was at $158 million after an equivalent 13 days last year and did $2.5 million on the Wednesday. 

It still managed another $55 million by the end of its run and Aladdin is doing around double its dailies now.  I can’t see it missing $300 million 

• Like 3