sfran43

Thursday Numbers: Aladdin $4.75M | Godzilla KOTM $2.65M

29 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

That suggests Aladdin is going to have a really good weekend. At least mid-20's, could be higher.

Also likely be ahead of DP next weekend.

Especially give they're competing with previews for two films that should be competitive threats. 

54.4% week 1 to week 2 drop, which is remarkably good for a memorial day debut. Most of the big openers were in the 60s range for this drop. 

7 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

No way. 

It easily would have. Aladdin doing as well as it currently is with all the hurdles it had shows how strong the IP is. As good as the numbers are I feel Aladdin is always going to be looked at as one of those "could have been so much bigger" films. It really had the potential to beat BatB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DisposedData said:

It easily would have. Aladdin doing as well as it currently is with all the hurdles it had shows how strong the IP is. As good as the numbers are I feel Aladdin is always going to be looked at as one of those "could have been so much bigger" films. It really had the potential to beat BatB.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jedijake said:

So, my question still stands. Is $300 million domestic for Aladdin now pretty much guaranteed after looking at that Thursday number and what's ahead this weekend?

Unless it collapses which is unlikely, it should be able to pass $ 300M easily. If strong legs continues could challenge $ 320-330M

16 minutes ago, jedijake said:

So, my question still stands. Is $300 million domestic for Aladdin now pretty much guaranteed after looking at that Thursday number and what's ahead this weekend?

The good news is that it has huge Disney movies coming up to help it's legs.  The bad news is that it has huge Disney movies coming up to hurt its legs. 

confused season 7 GIF by Portlandia

• Haha 3

Just now, Finnick said:

A 4% drop from Yesterday pretty good and a 24% drop from last Week. I hope trend continue with the weekend.

It's losing a huge chunk of theaters - more than AIW but even with a 60% Friday (AIW was 67% losing about 700 theaters) jump it should do over $5m

Disney is lucky the Alladin is doing so well;it's going to cover all the money Disney is likely to lose on Dark Phoenix.

If you are not familair with the way business mergers/acquistions work, Disney acquired all of Fox's liabilities as well as their assets;all the money Fox spent on DP is now Disney's money.

• Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Disney is lucky the Alladin is doing so well;it's going to cover all the money Disney is likely to lose on Dark Phoenix.

If you are not familair with the way business mergers/acquistions work, Disney acquired all of Fox's liabilities as well as their assets;all the money Fox spent on DP is now Disney's money.

Eh, the money spent on DP except for marketing was already built in to the purchase price.  Considering they had to raise  their price about 15-20 BILLION b/c of Comcast late bidding it's a drop in the bucket.

That and Aladdin will easily make far more money than DP will lose.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1