sfran43

Thursday Numbers: Aladdin $4.75M | Godzilla KOTM $2.65M

8 hours ago, VENOM said:

Well you see that’s the thing, they effectively spent $71.3 billion on Fox so they will want to see some sort of return on that. 

They bought Fox so that they will have huge pipeline of contents to put on their streaming services. Regarding X-Men, I'm pretty sure Disney wants Dark Phoenix to die a quick death so that people will forget it quickly. They will be rebooting X-Men anyway, in about 5 years time. Their own MCU X-Men is the one they will be promoting really hard.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UserHN said:

They bought Fox so that they will have huge pipeline of contents to put on their streaming services. Regarding X-Men, I'm pretty sure Disney wants Dark Phoenix to die a quick death so that people will forget it quickly. They will be rebooting X-Men anyway, in about 5 years time. Their own MCU X-Men is the one they will be promoting really hard.

Streaming and x-men ain’t gonna get them that sweet 71 billion profit no matter how much you want to dream otherwise Fox wouldn’t even be selling. 

15 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Streaming and x-men ain’t gonna get them that sweet 71 billion profit no matter how much you want to dream otherwise Fox wouldn’t even be selling. 

Streaming is their main reason. Just ask Bob Iger. And who said that's the only one where they can profit. Aside from Fox's film division, their TV production division is huge too. And most importantly, the international TV networks that Fox controls are now Disney's. I don't know if you're also aware, but Disney paid half of that price in stocks and half in cash. Another one, Disney already sold Fox's stake in Sky for around $16B and the Fox regional sports networks for around $14B. So take $30B off that $71B. And also take note:

Disney's market cap before Fox acquisition: $150B

Disney's market cap after Fox acquisition: $200B

Disney's market cap after introducing their Disney+ and Hulu streaming offerings: $230B

Disney's current market cap: $248B

So you see, with the combination of the Fox acquisition and the introduction of their streaming services (with the help of their Fox contents), Disney's market cap jumped almost $100B. That alone makes the Fox acquisition worth the price. I'm pretty sure the investors are very happy.

Edited by UserHN
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Marvel provided way less content and it's already a profit now. 

It will take longer because of the amount buy they have decades and decades to remake stuff. Plus the non movie content is worth a lot as well. 

Edited by cdsacken

15 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Streaming is their main reason. Just ask Bob Iger. And who said that's the only one where they can profit. Aside from Fox's film division, their TV production division is huge too. And most importantly, the international TV networks that Fox controls are now Disney's. I don't know if you're also aware, but Disney paid half of that price in stocks and half in cash. Another one, Disney already sold Fox's stake in Sky for around $16B and the Fox regional sports networks for around $14B. So take $30B off that $71B.

Disney didn’t sell Sky to Comcast they were trying to buy them too but got out bid from Comcast. None of that money that Comcast bought Sky goes to Disney. That’s going straight to the Murdochs so add back that $30B :) 

Edited by VENOM

The sports and other content is part of the 71b. DOJ forced Disney to sell it. 

"Disney acquired the sports channels in March as part of its $71.3-billion takeover of much of 21st Century Fox. But the Burbank entertainment giant wasn't allowed to keep them. Last summer, the U.S. Justice Department demanded that Disney sell the regional sports networks as a condition of its takeover of Fox."

Edited by cdsacken

9 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Disney didn’t sell Sky to Comcast they were trying to buy them too but got out bid from Comcast. None of that money that Comcast bought Sky goes to Disney. That’s going straight to the Murdochs so add back that $30B :) 

Uhmm. No. Maybe you should read Bloomberg or Reuters sometimes. That $71B price tag for Fox includes the company's 39% stake in Sky. Yes, Fox tried to outbid Comcast in buying the whole of Sky and they lost. When they lost, they decided to sell their 39% to Comcast so that Comcast can have full control of Sky. That 39% amounts to almost $16B and all that will go to Disney's purse because that is included in Disney's $71B valuation of the Fox assets that it is buying.

Edited by UserHN

11 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Uhmm. No. Maybe you should read Bloomberg or Reuters sometimes. That $71B price tag for Fox includes the company's 39% stake in Sky. Yes, Fox tried to outbid Comcast in buying Sky and they lost. When they lost, they decided to sell their 39% to Comcast so that Comcast can have full control of Sky. That 39% amounts to almost $16B and all that will go to Disney's purse because that is included in Disney's $71B valuation of the Fox assets that it is buying.

Disney still got ripped off and it shows if they sold there last remaining stake of Sky to Comcast. And they don’t get the Simpsons for another two years either. Ouch!

1 minute ago, VENOM said:

Disney still got ripped off and it shows if they sold there last remaining stake of Sky to Comcast. And they don’t get the Simpsons for another two years either. Ouch!

Scroll this page up and look for my very long comment in the middle of the page. I added some there. Also, you shouldn't look at the short term gains. Think long term.

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Scroll this page up and look for my very long comment in the middle of the page. I added some there. Also, you shouldn't look at the short term gains. Think long term.

You shouldn’t assume money is guaranteed just because someone owns something. You think everything Disney owns turns to gold but look at Star Wars for a reality check.  

Edited by VENOM

21 minutes ago, VENOM said:

You shouldn’t assume money is guaranteed just because someone owns something. You think everything Disney owns turns to gold but look at Star Wars for a reality check.  

I'm very sure that Disney will make a profit of that measly $4B that it paid for Star Wars. It looked like George Lucas sold it cheaply. And like I said, the investor happiness in their stock gains alone will make the Fox acquisition very worthy for them.

8 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I'm very sure that Disney will make a profit of that measly $4B that it paid for Star Wars. It looked like George Lucas sold it cheaply. And like I said, the investor happiness in their stock gains alone will make the Fox acquisition very worthy for them.

They didn’t buy Star Wars just to make their money back. This was supposed to be the biggest cash cow for them, even bigger than Marvel but after solo that’s a pipe dream. You can dress it up how you like but they essentially overpaid for Fox and everyone knows it. X-men won’t work that well with the Avengers if you think about it, a world where everyone loves super people meets a world where everyone is supposed to hate super people. Oh sure if Disney can get some people to sub to Disney+ good for them but they are entering the lions den where new content is king of streaming, nobody is subscribing to watch old things from years ago. 

Edited by VENOM

1 minute ago, VENOM said:

They didn’t buy Star Wars just to make their money back. This was supposed to be the biggest cash cow even bigger than Marvel after solo that a pipe dream. You can dress it up how you like but they essentially overpaid for Fox and everyone knows it. X-men won’t work that well with the Avengers if you think about it, a world where everyone loves super people meets a world where everyone is supposed to hate super people. Oh sure if Disney can get some people to sub to Disney+ good for them but they are entering the lions den where new content is king of streaming nobody is subscribing to watch old things from years ago. 

Lol. You shouldn't invest in stocks with that way of thinking. I rest my case. You seem woefully ignorant of stock matters. Investors are very happy and here you are.. Just a piece of advice. Read Bloomberg or Reuters from time to time. Next thing we know, you are questioning AT&T's $85B acquisition of WB. If there are things you should be questioning, one of them should be Netflix's and Tesla's very high valuations given their measly net income (or loss for Tesla's case). Anyway, I don't want to argue business matters to someone like you.

9 minutes ago, VENOM said:

They didn’t buy Star Wars just to make their money back. This was supposed to be the biggest cash cow even bigger than Marvel after solo that a pipe dream. You can dress it up how you like but they essentially overpaid for Fox and everyone knows it. X-men won’t work that well with the Avengers if you think about it, a world where everyone loves super people meets a world where everyone is supposed to hate super people. Oh sure if Disney can get some people to sub to Disney+ good for them but they are entering the lions den where new content is king of streaming nobody is subscribing to watch old things from years ago. 

But...

They do

https://www.wsj.com/articles/netflix-battles-rivals-for-its-most-watched-shows-friends-and-the-office-11556120136

14 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I dont understand why you are wasting your time with him, he is clearly trolling. He hates Disney so much which is fine as it is his own choice. This ass wrecked havoc when Venom was released and spend weeks insulting Marvel or anything Disney related. Give it a rest and just ignore him.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Lol. You shouldn't invest in stocks with that way of thinking. I rest my case. You seem woefully ignorant of stock matters. Investors are very happy and here you are.. Just a piece of advice. Read Bloomberg or Reuters from time to time. Next thing we know, you are questioning AT&T's $85B acquisition of WB. If there are things you should be questioning, one of them should be Netflix's and Tesla's very high valuations given their measly net income (or loss for Tesla's case). Anyway, I don't want to argue business matters to someone like you.

You seem all defensive now and your just throwing around personal insults like you lost. You just said a whole load of nothing. Let me give you some advice, get off your high horse.

Edited by VENOM

7 hours ago, Finnick said:

I dont understand why you are wasting your time with him, he is clearly trolling. He hates Disney so much which is fine as it is his own choice. This ass wrecked havoc when Venom was released and spend weeks insulting Marvel or anything Disney related. Give it a rest and just ignore him.

It’s called having a different opinion dipshit. Still salty about Venom doing well? Lol What a loser you are, grow up.

Edited by VENOM

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

I'm pretty sure Disney is doing just fine. 

Netflix I'm not so sure. They definitely will raise prices at least 2 more times in the next couple years. 

Disney doesn’t even have a streaming platform or any subs but Netflix is doing worse than them? OK..