sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

11 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

or Space Jam. Try watching that today and not cringing your whole face off. Especially once R. Kelly starts singing. 

You shut your mouth right now. Space Jam is a cinematic masterpiece. And R. Kelly being a piece of shit has nothing to do with I Believe I Can Fly being the jam. That whole soundtrack was the shit as a kid and still is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

This year has actually been brutal so far for non MCU CBMs. Shazam, Hellboy, and now DP all posting some of the lowest OWs of the decade for the genre.

Still got Joker left. I think that will definitely be a big improvement at least. It seems to have a nice amount of hype.

1 minute ago, Claudio said:

It’s weird to see y’all guys taking deadline super duper early numbers as a serious facts. 

Good point actually. Just desperate for some numbers to talk about. 

Amongst deadline’s ‘finger in the air’ guesstimates...Rocketman falling that hard would be a shock. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Claudio said:

It’s weird to see y’all guys taking deadline super duper early numbers as a serious facts. 

The thing is, even if they're underestimating it doesn't look that good for either movie at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Paramount has run out of ideas.

isn't this happening everywhere though? it's not like they weren't trying with stuff like Annihilation monster trucks and arrival. but people are making it clear what they do and don't want.

• Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

isn't this happening everywhere though? it's not like they weren't trying with stuff like Annihilation monster trucks and arrival. but people are making it clear what they do and don't want.

I guess. The way they are trying to remake all their 80s hits is still sad. and most of them will fail

Am I supposed to be impressed by the movies who are not labelled as blockbusters by their alleged originality and creativity ?

I love how the standard of originality only applies to the big movies.

You know I saw Parasite (Palme d'Or !) and I saw a bourgeois house in that movie and people living in it, it was so exciting.

Never seen a bourgeois house before this movie.

Riveting really.

So original and creative.

And I could talk to you about The Favorite, old english dresses and castles, never saw that before this movie either.

Oh and the new QT movies have late 60's fashion and LA !!!

Never seen that before either.

And I could go on as long as Cap, all day ... 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

You know I saw Parasite (Palme d'Or !) and I saw a bourgeois house in that movie and people living in it, it was so exciting.

Never seen a bourgeois house before this movie.

ah yes, a movie so unoriginal that it has... a house in it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Paramount did have A Quiet Place just last year, so it's not like they're incapable of producing big hits off of original concepts.  But I imagine that 2016-2018 was mostly rough on them with Silence, mother!, Annihilation, Overlord, Downsizing, Suburbicon, Allied, Anomalisa, Everybody Wants Some, etc. all being original films that did poorly financially.  Their new strategy of "let's see what old properties we can reboot" makes sense when you take all that into consideration.

• Sad 1