sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

48 minutes ago, Porthos said:

My dad saw the First Look on Starz (I think) and said out of the blue that he'd like it when it comes out on home video (he doesn't go out to many movies anymore) so I think there's something to this.

Personally speaking I think it looks fun and I'm strongly considering seeing a matinee of it on OW.  Or maybe Discount Tuesday.

My mom saw the trailer and asked, "Why is Thor doing a non-superhero movie?"  

:hahaha:

Needless to say, we're going OW for the LOLz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Well MIB I already feels like the Asguardians of the Galaxy spin-off will eventually get ...

I mean they are protecting the earth from the scum of the universe, right ?

Seems like a same-y job as the GOTG to me.

i am OFFENDED here that simon kinberg did not have the ottman theme play during the final fox-men movie ever. instead get hans zimmer to phone in a blah score jesus christ. i would've been happy with some brian tyler-esque person being forced to use the ottman theme over that shit

dark phoenix was alright otherwise

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Marston said:

X men now joins the original Superman and Batman franchises as well as the Divergent franchise as a franchise that ends on a very very low note both critically and commercially 

"Logan" is my own personal ending of the Franchise.   Liked where they were going with that.  

40 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Early TS4 reactions are looking really good (a lot have been posted in the TS4 thread).

Like, Possible Animation OW Record really good.

Hope you're IN on my over Incredibles 2 opening weekend club 😉

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Wonder what fish they lost this time at Pixar HQ for number 3 ...

Turns out the Mother isn't actually dead, while Marlin was unconscious someone else rescued her and she had amnesia until recently, the main difference is that she's somehow ended up somewhere in the Indian Ocean and they go on a massive hunt for her, only to find that she has a new family and the husband recently died to an attack, cue Nemo being happy that he's an older brother.

• Like 1

SLOP2 is what happens when the Illuminati marketing machine isn’t in full force. This had no hook whatsoever, and it’s clear there’s not much goodwill from the first.

It is also pleasing to see Dark Phoenix perform at the low expectations I’ve had for months. I told everyone a long time ago this was going under 100M, but many thought that was too extreme lmao

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Early TS4 reactions are looking really good (a lot have been posted in the TS4 thread).

Like, Possible Animation OW Record really good.

10 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Hoping we get a DW update soon

@Deep Wang

Anyone else here kinda weirded out by the songs Illumination use to promote their films? SLOP 2 used Where Da Hood At by DMX in a few TV spots and I decided to listen to it and it's very hardcore and pretty homophobic as well. I'm not even trying to be funny here, I'm serious.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Anyone else here kinda weirded out by the songs Illumination use to promote their films? SLOP 2 used Where Da Hood At by DMX in a few TV spots and I decided to listen to it and it's very hardcore and pretty homophobic as well. I'm not even trying to be funny here, I'm serious.

Ja Rule said DMX was gay, so DMX had to say Ja Rule was gay.

1990-2004 rap beef was mostly guys calling another guy gay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

If Pets gets to $16M true Friday, it should easily get into the mid-50's for the weekend...and possibly higher...

I think I overshot and forgot that a kids movie would have much weaker late night business, it has slowed down a lot. So maybe back to the 14-15 range from earlier.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It is also pleasing to see Dark Phoenix perform at the low expectations I’ve had for months. I told everyone a long time ago this was going under 100M, but many thought that was too extreme lmao

Yo, we were so ahead of the curve in our prediction thread.

giphy.gif