sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Depressing that the most villified (for good reason) of the three big May releases will do more than Pikachu and KOTM combined.

Aladdin is slightly better than Pikachu and significantly better than KOTM imo, i wish it was doing better tbh

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Alice Through the Looking Glass is still one of the most iconic and hilarious drops for a sequel. Its final total was less than the first AIW's first two days. Not that I can't blame audiences from staying far away from that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

So glad that Dark Phoenix is bombing so that Disney can reboot the X-Men into the MCU in 2 years!!!!!!!  #Disney #MCU #Capitalism #FoxMerger

:cloud9::bravo:

38 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Well...  At least, the MCU version of the X-men will probably get to rise like a phoenix from these ashes... :ph34r:

Feige's X-Men 2026 looks Liiiiiiiit. 

8 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Man, to go back in time 6 months and make a “KOTM, Phoenix, MIBI all under Endgame Saturday” club. The IN/OUT ratio would be glorious.

Man, to go back two months and re-do your Summer Game Pre Season.  Scores are gonna be LOL between Pika Pika, Pets and Dark Phoenix.  I'm basically:

giphy.gif

--

And, in better box office news, Mom and I are off to see Rocketman again!  Dad and her friends' group's going.  Dad can't go, so I get to sub in.

• Like 2

Bad movies this summer so far:

Dark Phoenix

The Dead Don't Die

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Non-Fiction

The Secret Life of Pets 2

Tolkien

UglyDolls

Good movies this summer so far:

Aladdin

Brittany Runs a Marathon

Long Shot

Pokemon Detective Pikachu

The Sun is Also a Star

Yesterday

Great movies this summer so far;

Avengers: Endgame

Booksmart

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Rocketman

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 7
  • Knock It Off 2

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Alice Through the Looking Glass is still one of the most iconic and hilarious drops for a sequel. Its final total was less than the first AIW's first two days. Not that I can't blame audiences from staying far away from that.

It never made a lick of sense why the first was a worldwide box office phenom to begin with. There was some deeply dark magic shit from Disney in play with that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

It never made a lick of sense why the first was a worldwide box office phenom to begin with. There was some deeply dark magic shit from Disney in play with that one.

Blame it on Jimbo for making 3D a fad in a post-Avatar society. (Also the GA making Depp a thing for a few years)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Exorcist 232M

Exorcist 2 32M   

Happy Feet 198M (close)

HF2 64M

The Fugitive 184M 

U.S Marshals 57M  

Evan Almighty did just 100.5M after Bruce Almighty’s 243M, might be how KOTM goes.

Grease 2

In what was supposed to be a crowded summer will instead end up in a situation where theatre owners don't have great options to fill screens. 

Toy Story 4 is going to end up on so many screens. Adding extra showings will be more profitable than keeping films like SLOP2, KOTM or Dark Phoenix around 

Bad movies this summer:

Aladdin

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

Meh movies this summer:

Dark Phoenix
The Intruder

Rocketman

Good movies this summer:

Brightburn

Long Shot

Ma

Great movies this summer:

Her Smell (technically late spring but fuck it)

High Life (late spring)

Under the Silver Lake (late spring)

The best movie:

Booksmart

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

22 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

should it really be surprising that Through the Looking Glass grossed less than Avengers Infinity War's first two days? Avengers is a pretty big deal nowadays but no one's really interested in Alice.

Not a surprise to me.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Bad movies this summer:

Aladdin

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

Meh movies this summer:

Dark Phoenix
The Intruder

Rocketman

Good movies this summer:

Brightburn

Long Shot

Ma

Great movies this summer:

Her Smell (technically late spring but fuck it)

High Life (late spring)

Under the Silver Lake (late spring)

The best movie:

Booksmart

Does extremely wicked really count, didn't it come out on Netflix for you guys not even get a theatrical release?

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Does extremely wicked really count, didn't it come out on Netflix for you guys not even get a theatrical release?

It was released in a handful of theaters (no grosses were reported, as usual from Netflix).

I once went to an "Alice" themed night in a club where the bar staff were dressed as skimpy rabbits and Disney's ALICE IN WONDERLAND (2012) was projected across the wall of the dance floor.