sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

You can say whatever you want about Disney 

but disney is saving threater owners and cinemas all across the world this world 

every other studio is just underperforming like crazy 

Disney is saving this year and putting butts in seats.

props to them and hope other studios wake up next decade 

Edited by Minnale101
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, RtheEnd said:

Sat looking like SLOP2 17.6, DFX 10.5,Alad 10, God 6.5,RM 5.9 ...AEG 2.1

Make way for Prince Ali, I guess.

25M seems locked for Aladdin.

Edited by Wally
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Spider-Man is a Sony film.

100% Disney made using Sony money. Technically  it is a Disney movie and Sony assure Marketing and distribution and get all the box office income.

Edited by Finnick
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Why? It looks unremarkable.

People like those 2, they seem to like those 2 bouncing off each other, the trailers are getting good reactions. I don't think it'll be a mega-hit or anything. But I can see it being a sleeper. 

Hobbs and Shaw's disgustingness aside, it's a Fast and Furious spinoff with none of Vin Diesel's weird charisma weighing it down, and all the best parts of the last 3 movies. That movie is going to be pretty successful. It's basically this generation's Tango and Cash, but it'll probably be ACTUALLY good instead of "good for a bad 80s movie." 

8 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

People like those 2, they seem to like those 2 bouncing off each other, the trailers are getting good reactions. I don't think it'll be a mega-hit or anything. But I can see it being a sleeper. 

Hobbs and Shaw's disgustingness aside, it's a Fast and Furious spinoff with none of Vin Diesel's weird charisma weighing it down, and all the best parts of the last 3 movies. That movie is going to be pretty successful. It's basically this generation's Tango and Cash, but it'll probably be ACTUALLY good instead of "good for a bad 80s movie." 

I was talking about Stuber.

3 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

My first paragraph was about Stuber. The second is about Hobbs and Shaw. 

Do you honestly think Hobbs and Shaw won't make a ton of money? That's all I was really talking about in the first place. 

Nah, I just wanted to post a meme. And I think it will do around $200m dom.

Edited by cannastop

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Hobbs and Shaw will do 300M.  200M is way too low.

I feel like I’ve heard these words before. OD?

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 1